Reaper Live

A discussion area for other Digital Audio Workstations, and other topics relating to audio.

Reaper Live

Postby Andy Hamm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:52 pm

This thread is an offshoot of another thread as it was veering off topic.

I've had a few people pm me and ask me for the Reaper Theme that I created and use on my mix racks so I have uploaded it Here

If anyone has any questions, it's probably best to keep them in this thread as I'm sure it gets annoying to others if it continues to pop up in SAC threads.
When I came home late last night.....
The wife left a note on the fridge:
"It's not working, I can't take it anymore!!
Gone to stay with my Mother."
I opened the fridge, the light came on, and the beer was cold.........
What the hell is she talking about??????
Andy Hamm

Re: Reaper Live

Postby Andy Hamm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm

I'll be updating the theme above to include a monitor mix layout as well, so far it looks like this:

You can use this layout in one of two ways, either on it's own mixer (add a project tab) or as a channel layout in your existing FOH console.
Andy Hamm

Postby muzicman0 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm not good with themeing, but would it be possible to have a different color for just one send? I am making a send that I am using as a 'solo' bus, and it would be wonderful to have it a different color than the monitor mixes. And as soon as I figure out how to control sends using OSC from a remote, I am golden!
muzicman0

Postby muzicman0 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Bummer...reaper just won't handle the load I am throwing at it. I am getting clicks and pops. Its fine until I added my monitor mixes. Oh well...I'll just keep using SAC for now.

mm0
muzicman0

Postby mattseymour » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:32 am

Bear in mind that despite Reaper's claimed multi-core support, if you're using it for low latency live work you'll get better results if you restrict it to one CPU, and disable hyperthreading. Just like with SAC.
mattseymour

Postby gdougherty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

muzicman0 wrote:Bummer...reaper just won't handle the load I am throwing at it. I am getting clicks and pops. Its fine until I added my monitor mixes. Oh well...I'll just keep using SAC for now.

mm0

I own both and quite frankly, if you already own SAC, there's no reason to step down to Reaper and its workflow. It's usable if you prefer to spend $60 instead of $500 on software but if you've already spent the $500, SAC is the better product for a real live workflow.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby Andy Hamm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

muzicman0 wrote:I'm not good with themeing, but would it be possible to have a different color for just one send? I am making a send that I am using as a 'solo' bus, and it would be wonderful to have it a different color than the monitor mixes. And as soon as I figure out how to control sends using OSC from a remote, I am golden!

Not on the Reaper mixer itself it isn't, but if you are making the web based interface for the remotes you can. You can change the fader knob colours in the theme by right clicking on any channel and choosing the channel layout option, which is how I make all of my monitor master green, fx blue etc - unfortunatley as I said there is currently no way to change the send to these channels on the individual channels that are sending to them though.

Routable solo bus is also not an option, there are workarounds where you use just a channel as your master, but that seems really hokey to me.
Andy Hamm

Return to Other DAW Discussion