iNuke Amps

A discussion area for other Digital Audio Workstations, and other topics relating to audio.

iNuke Amps

Postby Andy Hamm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am

I bought a bus that I am renovating into a Tour Bus and in the back I am putting a storage bay that will be big enough to carry a small PA and stage gear. As with most of the gear I personally own, I only use it when production that is supplied is not sufficient so the gear never really pays for itself. That being said, I am aware of all kinds of options that I can purchase such as powered speakers and whatnot - but I am intentionally going with a component system because it will allow me to bring in just the pieces I need in different situations.

So the amp rack I want should be very light, and have enough power for a 3 way system and 6 monitor mixes (I'm not buying wedges, but it should be able to power provided wedges). I was looking around and I am considering buying 6 iNuke 3000's for this rack. The only problem being that I've never actually seen one in the wild, so I have no idea how well they work and how reliable they are. I'm not expecting much, as all six amps in a rack will cost me about $2000.00 - which is less than what I used to pay for a single Crest amp back in the nineties. I also have access to a bunch of old Carver 1.5's, but I would really prefer to just buy something new and not have to worry about it.

All the reviews I've seen on the iNukes are from people who had just purchased them - I've yet to find one that has been in use for a year or so. Does anyone out there have any experience with these amps? If so how are they?
When I came home late last night.....
The wife left a note on the fridge:
"It's not working, I can't take it anymore!!
Gone to stay with my Mother."
I opened the fridge, the light came on, and the beer was cold.........
What the hell is she talking about??????
Andy Hamm

Return to Other DAW Discussion