Midas M32. Hands on opinions?

A discussion area for other Digital Audio Workstations, and other topics relating to audio.

Midas M32. Hands on opinions?

Postby Paul Henry » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had any playtime with the Midas M32?

I know Joe was impressed with the Pro1, and I was just wondering if the M32 came anywhere close in terms of sound quality. I know the navigation and advanced features are miles apart, but I'm mainly wondering about how good the desk sounds, or any "gotchas" that might be hiding out.
Paul Henry

Re: Midas M32. Hands on opinions?

Postby jlepore » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Played with an M32 in the shop, but haven't really taken it out where I could really feel how it performs. Had some issues loading an X32 file on it (despite being the same software). I still choose to take the Pro1 before that (even though it has more faders). The changes really seem more cosmetic than substance.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Re: Midas M32. Hands on opinions?

Postby gdougherty » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Paul Henry wrote:Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had any playtime with the Midas M32?

I know Joe was impressed with the Pro1, and I was just wondering if the M32 came anywhere close in terms of sound quality. I know the navigation and advanced features are miles apart, but I'm mainly wondering about how good the desk sounds, or any "gotchas" that might be hiding out.

All reports are that the preamps and outputs are on par with the Pro series. Sound quality difference should be negligible, flexibility is a pretty big difference. If you like the x32 or can live with the limitations in routing for the x32/m32, then it should be just fine.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Return to Other DAW Discussion