Graphic Bug

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

Graphic Bug

Postby BrettBrandon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 pm

This is easily repeatable. I'm on SACRemote but I will guess that SAC will do it as well.
1. Open the program, no mix file needed.
2. Call up an Fkey with the wide mixer showing.
3. Bring up a Return channel in the wide mixer.
4. Change shades, or return to the default shade.
5. Click on the header bar of the wide mixer and move it on the screen....... :shock:

On my screen, the second the mixer window starts moving, it expands to the size of the Input channel window and fills the window in with the same. In other words, you end up with the Return window the size of the Input window filled in with non-existent Input graphics.....

Brett

NOTE: Just went to verify it again before finishing the post and found that this only happens on versions 3.0 and 2.9. I tried it on version 2.8 and this bug does not exsist there..... Just in the newer "fixed" versions. :oops:

EDIT: Just so this can't be blamed on shade designers, I took Bob's graphic dll file, renamed it to a .shd file and just used his graphics in the test........ Same thing.....

EDIT2: Use the Output mixer and it's even better, you get parts of all three views....

:lol:
BrettBrandon

Re: Graphic Bug

Postby airickess » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Yep. Repeatable here in 2.9 on my computer. In fact, on my attempts to make this happen, the extra graphics that showed up were the previous channel that was open in the wide mixer in the shade that I had just closed. In the example below, I opened SAC, opened the Grey Shade, went to a return channel, then went to an output channel. After changing the shade to the default, I moved the header bar of the wide mixer and the Return channel graphics showed up in the Grey Shade vintage.
AC anomoly.jpg
AC anomoly.jpg (232.98 KiB) Viewed 32132 times
airickess

Postby Paul Henry » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Yup, repeatable here too. You don't even need to change shades, if you start on the default shade and click on return to default shade (original vintage) it happens too.
Paul Henry

Postby airickess » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Paul Henry wrote:Yup, repeatable here too. You don't even need to change shades, if you start on the default shade and click on return to default shade (original vintage) it happens too.

Yes, I just tried this too and can confirm your findings.
airickess

Postby jlepore » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 pm

So, who has the balls to report it and get banned for not "speaking positive"? :)
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby BrettBrandon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm

If I recall corectly, bugs are not to be posted anymore but emailed to Bob.
I'm not going to bother to report it because I don't think he really cares about it.
I wonder if one reason he hasn't been working on SAC much is because every time he adds something or fixs something, something else gets screwed up.

Brett
BrettBrandon

Postby jlepore » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes .. send it to him private to maintain the illusion that nothing is wrong because the bugs never see the light of day.
Sounds like a good reason for this section to be here!
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby airickess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 am

I'll post it.
airickess

Postby RBIngraham » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Well it on "the list" now, so I'm sure it will be fixed soon. ;)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby airickess » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:04 pm

RBIngraham wrote:Well it on "the list" now, so I'm sure it will be fixed soon. ;)

Yeah, I really liked his reply - "Oh well." That attitude is the complete opposite of the developer of Show Cue Systems (a sound and video playback and show control program I use), himself a one-man shop. A bug is reported and he typically will have traced the problem and come up with a solution within a day.

I think Bob's just stopped doing any fixes or development of SAC.
airickess

Next

Return to Bugs