Remote Crash

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

Remote Crash

Postby Craig » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:02 pm

I had a strange remote crash last night at a show. Anytime a particular scene that loads a couple of VST plugs would be recalled, a popup box would say something like 'This plugin has corrupted data' or something like that and the remote would lock up. If you hit OK, it would come up with SAC has stopped responding and crash completely. This was ONLY on the remote - the host kept going on fine and the scene worked. The pop up window was ONLY on the remote as well, and it didn't matter if the scene was recalled up by the host or by the remote. Any ideas?
-Craig
Craig

Re: Remote Crash

Postby jlepore » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm

He always has had problems loading settings on VST's on remote.

Make sure they are installed properly on the remote. Otherwise, remove them completely. The scene will load, you just will not be able to change anything on them.
Sadly it's always been hit or miss on VSTs on the remote. Some work fine, some blow up.

Is this one that you normally had been using on the remote?
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Craig » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

No, this is a new VST being used in a scene. I'll have to check on it when I go to the studio on Tuesday. The VST is installed correctly so I think removing it will be the ticket. I don't need to adjust it as I've done that in the scene already.
-Craig
Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I did get this sorted out be using different VST's until something worked. I can understand the problems, but it's a shame that just adding a plug on the host can bring a remote down when in a scene.
-Craig
Craig

Return to Bugs