Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

Re: Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Postby Servant Digital » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:51 am

Why is my question so hard to understand ? The BUG is confirmed -The fix will come out .

My concern is and please understand
If every user Rig was built like Joe's we all 100% would experience this Bug or If every User was built like mine 100% would not experience this Bug

We if we are running 2.9 there is a difference that should want to be understood
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby soundguy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:22 am

Servant Digital wrote:If every user Rig was built like Joe's we all 100% would experience this Bug or If every User was built like mine 100% would not experience this Bug

I think you are 100% full of crap and know less about SAC than anyone here.

If SAC systems are all you do, you are in big trouble.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby jlepore » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 am

Servant Digital wrote:Why is my question so hard to understand ? The BUG is confirmed -The fix will come out .

If every user Rig was built like Joe's we all 100% would experience this Bug or If every User was built like mine 100% would not experience this Bug

We if we are running 2.9 there is a difference that should want to be understood

Why is so hard for you to understand - I don't KNOW that the bug is fixed. After reporting one way to make it happen, it happened to me in a totally different way. I can only HOPE that the fix works for both cases, but I can potentially STILL be sitting on the same bug when and if he ever releases the damn fix.

It is NOT just my system - it is multiple systems. The installed system I work on is about as polar opposite to mine as they come.

Theirs uses an 8500CPU with RME cards, and octopre's. Mine uses an i5 with MOTU and profiles. I don't know what the other person that actually found the way of recreating it at will was using. My way of recreating it is very simple.

1) Do a flawless soundcheck
2) Start the show
3) Have the audacity to solo something

It occurs at random. There are some shows where it will never happen. There are shows that it continually happens. That is the nature of bugs in software. I'm sure Bob can tell you what he fixed, but I would guess he had a race condition between threads where something was not being cleaned up properly. Bottom line is we have systems that are not reliable now, and I certainly could never hand it over to a guest engineer to use.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Servant Digital » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks Joe for the response I do appreciate that you did, but if no one wants to get beyond its only Bob and only SAC I will let config and setup discovery process go it seems to irritate people.

I followed your steps
no click bang or delay in the mixes after 45minutes

Best of luck with the Rig I will press for a fast update if only this issue
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby leadfoot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 am

'Fast' is no longer possible.. you sure you're not DF? And who are you to be pressing for anything. How about press for an apology to all his customers!

Servant Digital wrote: Best of luck with the Rig I will press for a fast update if only this issue
leadfoot

Postby soundguy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am

jlepore wrote:Why is so hard for you to understand - I don't KNOW that the bug is fixed. After reporting one way to make it happen, it happened to me in a totally different way. I can only HOPE that the fix works for both cases, but I can potentially STILL be sitting on the same bug when and if he ever releases the damn fix.

Joe, I think I figured out what your problem is. All this time and money spent working directly with the developer has been a waste.

All you needed to do was give Bob's Servant $600 and you could have had unlimited service for a whole year. That way, if Bob's Servant didn't have the solution to your problems, he would communicate directly with Bob as he stated earlier, and then Bob's Servant could get back to you.

http://www.servantdigital.com/index.php?page=97

Come on dude, pony up $600 for first class SAC service. :lol: Or you could go with the hourly plan. :o

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby jlepore » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

... This service will increase your learning curve ...

I love it. Now I can pay to make it MORE difficult. What a concept!

Seriously ... so I can pay to have someone else stand in line to talk to the developer huh? So, us mere CUSTOMERS aren't good enough? YOU can get him to release a patch 16 months after I reported a problem?

Must be a great gig if you can that kind of money out of people.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby RBIngraham » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:30 am

Servant Digital wrote:Why is my question so hard to understand ? The BUG is confirmed -The fix will come out .

Alex is it that hard to believe that just maybe Joe works in some fashion that is just different enough from many other users that it makes this bug rear it's ugly head at least faster than on some other systems.

That is basically what I suspect anyway and the fact that Joe mentioned that he almost always has something in solo all the time is probably a good clue to it. But that is just my gut.

As I said, I've never run into it. But I also have a much diffeent set up than Joe's and I use it in a much different fashion. Just like it appears I am tone of he first to notice that if you use BCF fader packs and fade over time, the faders go ape shit for a while making the surface unusable. (not the first to find this, but maybe just the first to bring it up on either of the forums)

My guess is that there is lots of bugs like this. Many of them much smaller in nature that some folks will just never notice or if they are new to SAC they may thing they just did something wrong and write it off as their faults or they don't report it for any number of other reasons. I have done the tech support thing for developers, until fairly recently in fact. Customers/end users will always find interesting ways to break software because they will go about something just differently enough than the developers, in a way we would never think about doing something and... POOF... crash... happens to every developer that I know. The difference of course is how the developer reacts and responds when a bug is reported.

Basically what I'm saying is I think the fact that Joe seems to be good at breaking SAC has little to do with his system and more to do with his working methods, how he does his job and the demands he places on the gear and software.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby RBIngraham » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 am

jlepore wrote:
... This service will increase your learning curve ...

I love it. Now I can pay to make it MORE difficult. What a concept!

Seriously ... so I can pay to have someone else stand in line to talk to the developer huh? So, us mere CUSTOMERS aren't good enough? YOU can get him to release a patch 16 months after I reported a problem?

Must be a great gig if you can that kind of money out of people.

I think the only thing you can fault the guy for there is a very poorly worded sentence. The rest of that sentence's construction is not much better. Lots of people make a living training people how to use sophisticated software and/or hardware. I have been well paid myself to teach folks how to use their Richmond Audioboxes and all sorts of similar tools over the years. In fact I'm usually paid better to teach someone how to use it than if they just hired me to do all the programming for them. :D
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby gdougherty » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 am

soundguy wrote:
Servant Digital wrote:If every user Rig was built like Joe's we all 100% would experience this Bug or If every User was built like mine 100% would not experience this Bug

I think you are 100% full of crap and know less about SAC than anyone here.

If SAC systems are all you do, you are in big trouble.

Soundguy

+1, based on his apparent knowledge of SAC and networked systems exhibited on these forums, he's probably the last of the turnkey SAC solutions I'd recommend.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Previous

Return to Bugs