The real answer about bugs

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

The real answer about bugs

Postby jlepore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Since I'm sure it's only moments away from being deleted on the other board, here's the response I got from Bob about a recording at a show I recently did getting destroyed by the solo delay bug "workaround"....

Originally Posted by Bob L
How serious do you take your work Joe... why in the heck would you continue to use a system that would appear to crash and burn everytime you use it, over and over... why would you not use another console until the bugs were ironed out... especially on a most important one time gig...

Not sure I understand the logic... other than it gives you one more chance to blame me and my work in public.

Sheesh.... "This mic cable has an intermitten connection... how about we use it on the lead vocal mic."

For heavens sake... stop using the system... enough already... either wait to see if the update fixes things, or look a little further into why you seem to be having so darn much trouble when thousands of other shows are happening every day and night around the world with no such issues.

Whatever bugs there are in the code is not stopping every other engineer dead in his tracks... if you insist on using a system that continually gives you trouble, learn what the problems are and Don't Do That until they get fixed.

Bob L

I guess he is clearly telling us we shouldn't be buying or using this software until he gets things fixed, which at the current update rate, will be just after the hardware rusts. Guess that was an expensive lesson for us all.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Re: The real answer about bugs

Postby shmick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:04 pm

The update is close to being released, just wait another 6-12 months, or years...
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby shmick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

jlepore wrote:Since I'm sure it's only moments away from being deleted on the other board, here's the response I got from Bob about a recording at a show I recently did getting destroyed by the solo delay bug "workaround"....

Originally Posted by Bob L
How serious do you take your work Joe... why in the heck would you continue to use a system that would appear to crash and burn everytime you use it, over and over... why would you not use another console until the bugs were ironed out... especially on a most important one time gig...

Not sure I understand the logic... other than it gives you one more chance to blame me and my work in public.

Sheesh.... "This mic cable has an intermitten connection... how about we use it on the lead vocal mic."

For heavens sake... stop using the system... enough already... either wait to see if the update fixes things, or look a little further into why you seem to be having so darn much trouble when thousands of other shows are happening every day and night around the world with no such issues.

Whatever bugs there are in the code is not stopping every other engineer dead in his tracks... if you insist on using a system that continually gives you trouble, learn what the problems are and Don't Do That until they get fixed.

Bob L

I guess he is clearly telling us we shouldn't be buying or using this software until he gets things fixed, which at the current update rate, will be just after the hardware rusts. Guess that was an expensive lesson for us all.

Yep, the Welcome Back thread has been sanitized.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby jlepore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 pm

oh no ... the posts are gone. What ever will we do.

I know .....

pdateThread_2.pdf
(77.7 KiB) Downloaded 1679 times
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Return to Bugs