the wait is over

A place to discuss AMP - Audio Mixing Platform (http://www.ampmix.net)

Re: the wait is over

Postby Charlieco » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 am

Going today into AMP beta. Hope the GUI will work over PlayOnMac :D
Charlieco

Postby Jeffsco » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 am

I've placed my order for the AMP Beta and the USB's are on their way.. While I won't give up totally on SAC and SAW....there are a number of things that are very interesting about AMPs approach. I'd like to give it a try...
Jeffsco

Postby randyhyde » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Jeffsco wrote:I've placed my order for the AMP Beta and the USB's are on their way.. While I won't give up totally on SAC and SAW....there are a number of things that are very interesting about AMPs approach. I'd like to give it a try...

Yup, this is where I'm at.
I plan on continuing to use SAC through next January. I'll play around with AMP at home; it *is* beta test, and I'm not going to rely on beta test software for my shows; yes, AMP might actually be more reliable for some than SAC, but other than forgetting how to use SAC (two weeks ago I used it for the first time in about six months and it was amazing how much I forgot) I've not had any major problems with SAC over the past year and a half.

It was worth paying $300 just to play around with it (and try out some ideas I have for control surfaces and user interfaces -- we'll see how well this goes with AMP).

On the SAC side, I've decided to pay the $100 and get the upgrade. Largely because it would be hypocritical of me not to do so. I've constantly mentioned that Bob L ought to charge for upgrades, it would seem kind of rude to bail out on SAC when he starts doing that. Plus, I sure could have used the monitor view last weekend. My main concern is having to deal with new bugs that have (undoubtedly) been introduced into SAC 4.0.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Postby jlepore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 pm

There should be no problem interfacing your control surfaces with AMP. I even reconfigured the motor is profile to do what I wanted. It is designed exactly as it should be. You DO have a limitation of only 8 complete controllers, each on their own midi port, per UI instance though :mrgreen:

Of course if you use the sac modified motormix chips or the behringers in their multi unit mode, I guess you could get it up to 16x8 controllers.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Previous

Return to AMP Discussion