Presonus Studio Live

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Presonus Studio Live

Postby BrettBrandon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:23 am

lowdbrent wrote:I do not like mixing completely on the iPad. I have yet to find an app that allows for this, because there is a bi-directional control issue to ironed out.

I have been searching for a way to control sac completely, from a wireless remote for a couple of years. The problem with running sacremote on a tablet is the sizing of the controls. It is not laid out at all for touch screen use (unless it is a LARGE screen and even then, not so good).
I came across a couple of iPad apps that would give me basic control with bidirectional communication, but could not get access to the eq, dynamics, ect.
Yesterday was the first gig I used the iPad for virtually everything. I even had a suprise group of kids show up last minute to play for 30 minutes before the show through our system (it was a local park district fest). While they were playing around getting their sound, I stood in front of the mains and quickly tweaked them from my iPad. I had them checked before they were ready to play. The only time I went back to sacremote for the entire day, was to do some main eq tweaks, and verify some comp meters. I spent most of my time sitting in the grass with the crowd.....
I should mention that yesterday was the first time for this setup.
There is alot of teeth pulling and jumping through hoops to get this setup functioning and is not laid out the best, but so far it has worked like a charm and is my new "current" rig. Full control (almost) from an iPad.

Pad14.jpg
Pad14.jpg (522.91 KiB) Viewed 4969 times

Brett
BrettBrandon

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion