Lost my first gig due to SAC

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Lost my first gig due to SAC

Postby randyhyde » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:56 pm

soundguy wrote:
randyhyde wrote:I actually went to the last concert in this series last night to see what I lost to.
I also went because the band that was playing last night was the same one with the band engineer from hell that I had three weeks ago (the guy that tripped all the breakers on my generator).

As we discussed before, the band engineer you seem to dislike did nothing wrong. If breakers tripped, it was because the power distribution was poorly designed, and based on your comments in a previous thread, you seemed to be unaware how much current your amps could draw. If you don't like the guy's style ... fair enough, but it's your responsibility if you do not provide robust enough power D.

Fair enough.
However, the complaints we got that night concerning how loud the concert are cemented in my brain. It's the first time the promoter (in six years) has complained about the audio.

And I notice that your favorite band engineer was working this weekend ... apparently on a system that did not trip breakers. Your system that blows breakers is not working.

Soundguy

Yeah, and at nowhere near the same SPL (easily 10-25 dB down from where I was sitting). Which makes me ask why the hell he had to run my system so loud?

To be truthful, after hearing the crappy EQ job he did twice in a row, I've been biting my tongue to not contact the band's leader and suggest they get rid of the guy.
cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion