watch out 3.1 is on it's way

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: watch out 3.1 is on it's way

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm

jlepore wrote:
ElectricKoolAid wrote:If you spend at NAMM , take a ride at booth # 5420 .

Almost makes me want to take a trip out there with my handy SAC destroyer app and see if I can take their system down in 2 clicks like I can any other rig .....

You are evil! :twisted:
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby jlepore » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 pm

RBIngraham wrote: No developer every does that. None with a brain or any experience anyway. :)

So, you're saying there's a chance... :lol:
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby shmick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

ElectricKoolAid wrote:Sooooo for all of us hoping for ANYTHING on "The List" .....thinking monitor view.........oh well.

Me thinks these things have been done for some time or is being done, not for us but for Montarbo. This would explain a lot of Bob's cryptic posting over the past 2 or 3 years.
As in most contractual business situations like this, Bob probably has some non disclosure agreement. Hopefully after NAMM he will be free discuses current affairs.

Bob should give a shout out to the Collective, especially Joe, for all the suggestions to make his product better and in turn maybe a little more sellable to a company like Montarbo.

It will be interesting to see at what price point they are wanting to compete in.

I highly doubt Bob has made these enhancements for Montarbo.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Paul Henry » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 pm

My take on the whole thing is that I doubt Montarbo would sign a deal to tool up and build hardware for an "unfinished" product that will not be developed any further.

So either they have been misled, or they are taking over development, or there is a contractual agreement for the developer to keep working fixing bugs and adding needed features, or SAC is a temporary solution for them, or SAC becomes VMT and SAC stops competing, or maybe SAC and VMT branch out with different developers.

There are lots of possibilities, but I'm pretty sure some form of SAC will keep moving forward under the Montarbo deal.
Paul Henry

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Well hopefully Montarbo isn't being hoodwinked, but you never know I guess. Here is what I read in the tea leaves... Montarbo has some hardware they would like to sell. They see the SAC and SAW bundle with their product as a reasonable solution. Maybe Bob threw in a few added "toys" like being able to address more than 72 O/O or being able to adjust hardware preamps from the software and maybe some kind of custom control surface support that doesn't need to do go thru a MIDI layer. I don't know squat about code writing but none of those kinds of things should be all that hard to do in my no so humble opinion.

Later down the road, Montarbo could always sell their hardware to work with other software as well.

NAMM is right around the corner so we will all find out soon anyway... :-)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Opppss.. forgot the one other distinct possibility.... it's just a press release full of hype about stuff that doesn't exist yet and that they are only talking about doing and may never really see the light of day...
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Postby shmick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:58 pm

RBIngraham wrote:Opppss.. forgot the one other distinct possibility.... it's just a press release full of hype about stuff that doesn't exist yet and that they are only talking about doing and may never really see the light of day...

What? That almost never completely always happens!
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby shmick » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Man, this tablet interface is such disaster from a UI point of view. As the saying goes "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

From the "MesseFrankfurt who is comming!!!" thread on the other forum.

I did also meet Bob and had a good talk about SAC and the future,
the picture with the tablet, show a new sac window, it had a good size for navigating on small devices, the eq will get a grafic readout. I really liked that window.:)

As I undestood the on going design process of the hardware cont., there will be 16 faders per window fitting the exact size of a Z mixer channel.
The screen will fit the unit a bit like on a laptop where it can close all the way down on the faders and open up to the position the user like.
on the master faderbay there will be a copy of the W mixer layout with direct access to each W mixer parameter:D
there will be a 16 ch. fader ad on unit witch will extend the master unit with extra 16 faders, it can be repeated up to 96 faders. for a real hands on experience:eek:

I got the impression that the hole design will be of well known Italien quality

It was a real pleasure for me to meet Bob as I have been using Saw since 1997 and Sac since the beta version.
I really hope the hole thing will come together in a good way.

Sebastian

shmick

Postby jlepore » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Yeah .. that will never work in the real world - oh - it must be another Bob design.

And to think, in only 5 short years, it will make it to release!
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby soundguy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 am

jlepore wrote:And to think, in only 5 short years, it will make it to release!

... and it will only be outdated by six or seven years.

Soundguy
soundguy

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion