Possible Key Listen bug

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Possible Key Listen bug

Postby shmick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I was running monitors this morning and was playing around with the Key Listen function on an unused monitor mixer just in case something whacky happened, and sure enough, something did.

The good news is that it only looks like it affected what I heard in -my- ears.

So here's what I did:

Chose a random input channel, tapped post fader from Mixer 1, that had audio running through it. Lets call it Input #36. I then clicked on the Key Listen button in the dynamics section and then changed it from Self to Input #1. At that point, all I'm hearing in my ears is what I would describe as a digital version of a siren (wee-ooo-wee-ooo-wee-ooo-wee-ooo). That was strange, lets change the Key Listen channel from Input #1 to Input #2. Now all I'm hearing is a super loud tone at what I would guess is somewhere around the 3K range. I tried a few more other channels and it was a similar outcome.

I then tried the Key Listen function on a couple of other input channels, thinking something might be up with Input #36 and it was the same.

Anyone else able to replicate this odd behaviour?
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Re: Possible Key Listen bug

Postby gdougherty » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Filtering engaged on the dynamics channel? It should be post low/high-cut.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Re: Possible Key Listen bug

Postby shmick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

There wasn't anything odd in our config that I could see. I'll have to dig deeper into the system to see what's up.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Return to SAC Discussion