Behringer Engineer in the ADA8200 thread...

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Behringer Engineer in the ADA8200 thread...

Postby jlepore » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Yeah .. I don't think they managed to "Behringer-ize" it yet. Last time I checked it sold for a little more than the standard $199 Behringer gear price :)

That is what I call a control surface. I would probably agree that it is a bit beyond what is really necessary :) I have to admit, changing parameters on multiple channels at once was a nice thing though.

L8.jpg
L8.jpg (102.97 KiB) Viewed 14068 times

Made the stage look a bit insignificant - that is the real stage, not a monitor!
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby lowdbrent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 am

RBIngraham wrote:Fairly certain the XL8 came out prior to the merger. But I could be wrong.

Nope. You aren't wrong. IIRC, the roll-out for this thing was in 2005 or 2006. I can't remember. It could have been earlier, but it certainly wasn't later. When this was being released, Midas had an idea to get multiple sound companies to go in on one and share it, knowing that they might have a better chance of paying for it. Then there was going to be some kind of a users network, so these bad boys could be booked easily by other companies. It was kind of like the EAW KF users network from the old days. They had an unveiling, by invitation only, for mega churches. That is how I got to see it. Bosch sold off Behringer about three years or four years ago, and then Behringer bought Midas after that. It took a while before production and personnel changed over.
lowdbrent

Postby RBIngraham » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am

Bosch owned Behringer? I thought they only had whatever the EV group of stuff was called. And I know they sold that stuff off as well.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby airickess » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:29 am

lowdbrent wrote:
RBIngraham wrote: Bosch sold off Behringer about three years or four years ago, and then Behringer bought Midas after that. It took a while before production and personnel changed over.

This is incorrect. Bosch purchased Midas as part of the Telex Group in 2006. Bosch never owned Behringer or The Music Group (parent company of Behringer).
airickess

Postby RBIngraham » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 pm

airickess wrote:This is incorrect. Bosch purchased Midas as part of the Telex Group in 2006. Bosch never owned Behringer or The Music Group (parent company of Behringer).

That is what I remembered. I forgot that Midas was part of that Telex group. Either way, all I know is that after Bosch bought up EV I think they went down hill fast. Or at least I think all their wireless mic gear became crap. Which is too bad because in the mid 90s they were making some of the best sounding reasonably priced wireless gear. But it went down hill fast.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby lowdbrent » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 pm

HA! Brain fart. Midas not Behringer. My bad.

My experience is that Bosch has not been good for EV in some ways.
lowdbrent

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion