Embarrassment

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Embarrassment

Postby soundguy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:14 am

I visited the old "official" site a couple times in the last week or so, and I gotta say ... any new visitor with even minimal audio experience must think that the average SAW/SAC user is entry level ... or even worse ... an idiot ... for the types of posting and threads that dominate that website lately. Really? This is the shit Bob L. allows after banning other users for complaining about serious professional issues?

Well, I guess you make your own bed and sleep in it.

Soundguy
soundguy

Re: Embarrassment

Postby Butch » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:35 am

Just remember you were just asking about using 15 band (2/3 octave) eEQs :lol:

Butch
Butch

Postby RBIngraham » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Butch wrote:Just remember you were just asking about using 15 band (2/3 octave) eEQs :lol:

Butch

+1

I was kind of surprised by what could be seem as such a basic question.

However, I would add that that also means Mr Soundguy might be smart enough to realize he doesn't know everything there is to know about anything just because he read some info on a web site, or perhaps a book or two one time. Unlike some others from the official forum. :roll:
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby soundguy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Butch wrote:Just remember you were just asking about using 15 band (2/3 octave) eEQs :lol:

Well, the purpose of my question was to glean info from the personal experiences of forum members here, who seem to have more experience in small venues than I have. I have gotten by with 15 band ... even 10 band ... to "dial in" a sound and cut out some of the annoying frequencies in lower end systems and minimize feedback in small venues. I was also trying to save a couple of rack spaces so I lug around less stuff.

As it turned out, I went with the (2) of the 31 band, dual channel models because the cost difference was only $30 per unit. But since they were for personal use, I feel confident that I have the skill set and ears to get the job done with 15 bands or less ... in a club.

YMMV in that regard. ;) :)

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby IraSeigel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 am

soundguy wrote:...As it turned out, I went with the (2) of the 31 band, dual channel models because the cost difference was only $30 per unit. But since they were for personal use, I feel confident that I have the skill set and ears to get the job done with 15 bands or less ... in a club.

YMMV in that regard. ;) :)

Soundguy

So, did you wind up with TWO of the 31 band, dual channel models (i.e., 4 ch of graphics) or just ONE?

I agree - the difference in cost was minimal, but you do have more stuff to lug around
IraSeigel

Postby soundguy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:57 pm

IraSeigel wrote:So, did you wind up with TWO of the 31 band, dual channel models (i.e., 4 ch of graphics) or just ONE?

I agree - the difference in cost was minimal, but you do have more stuff to lug around

Dos. Dos channels for mains. Dos channels for mons where needed most. So I need four rack spaces instead of two. That's really what I was trying to get away with.

Soundguy
soundguy

Return to SAC Discussion