Kudos on compressor

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Kudos on compressor

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:10 pm

I considered a line-by-line response... but why? You think what you think.

My point in all of it was this: most of us who bought it and use it bought it when it was the best option at its price point. Yes, I am comparing it to inexpensive gear, becasue that's what it replaced for probably its entire user base, save a very few who bought it for features and not price. It definently works and sounds better than a cheap analog rig. It has more features than other mixes in its price class today. It has a few features that no other product has. It's also horribly difficult to use and maintain, and it's never going to make it big in its current form. That doesn't change the other facts about the product.
BrentEvans

Postby soundguy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:27 pm

randyhyde wrote:Well, largely because you were the one that said "The model of the compressor didn't mean shit." :)

Well I guess I was ignorant to the fact that Behringer even made compressors, let alone knowing anybody that would ever use one. I guess I forgot which forum I was on.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby Butch » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Some of the very first products that Behringer made were comps
Made in Germany and quite good
Then the decline started :lol:

Butch
Butch

Postby jlepore » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:29 am

yes, the very old german behringer comps were actually very good. I still have a few of them around.

Then they decided to change them to cheap components, assembled by cheap labor, and they sound like crap.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby RBIngraham » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:21 pm

jlepore wrote:yes, the very old german behringer comps were actually very good. I still have a few of them around.

Then they decided to change them to cheap components, assembled by cheap labor, and they sound like crap.

Yep I remember those. Made in germany but they were probably a knock off of someone else's work. :roll:
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby jlepore » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Of course they were. I don't think Behringer ever had an original idea. The whole company mission is to reproduce things that other people made until they get caught and sued.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby RBIngraham » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:21 pm

jlepore wrote:Of course they were. I don't think Behringer ever had an original idea. The whole company mission is to reproduce things that other people made until they get caught and sued.

Probably right. Although their digital toys do not seem to be rip offs or at least not nearly as much as the other more overt copies. Their UltraCurves and other later DSP stuff didn't seem to be copies of anything and neither was their old digital console. Now you probably didn't want to use any of that stuff unless bang for the buck is the most important purchasing decision.... but I don't remember other products out there that did the exact same things. :)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby Administrator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Knock it off.

You guys succeeded in making me delete the first posts in the years this has been up.

The Management.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby soundguy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:13 pm

jlepore wrote:Of course they were. I don't think Behringer ever had an original idea. The whole company mission is to reproduce things that other people made until they get caught and sued.

And even then, the cost of the lawsuit and judgements are miniscule in comparison to the profits from the ripped off products. I've been ripped off on installation projects where it would have cost me more to file suit than eat the loss.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:06 am

I apologize, but I am tired of his ranting.
Also, you may want to delete the link to my Shades page as they are no longer available.
Actually, you can delete my account as I have become tired of SAC and the BS associated with it.
I have an x32 Rack right next to me that I am setting up to replace most of the SAC use if not all that we have.
I bought in on the pre-release and have continually been dissapointed. Instead of ranting about it, I will just leave quietly.... :mrgreen:

By the way, I have joined the X32 Forum and it seems to be what a forum should be... Non agressive.... Once again, I apologize but I have had enough... :protest:

Brett
BrettBrandon

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion