Midi

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Midi

Postby BrettBrandon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 pm

You can still use your template as long as you leave the SAC sections (I R O) grouped together. The auxs and outputs won't be visable on the computer screen but you can still control them.

Brett
BrettBrandon

Postby BrettBrandon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 pm

leadfoot wrote:Can someone please ask him, while he's at it, to add midi control for toggling the engine 'live' button and monitor mix views. I haven't been "banned" over there (yet) I just can't bring myself to post there anymore for a number of reasons. But I still want him to get off his butt and get Sac up to date.

I have Autohotkey scripts for both functions if that would help for now.

Brett
BrettBrandon

Postby RBIngraham » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 pm

BrettBrandon wrote:You can still use your template as long as you leave the SAC sections (I R O) grouped together. The auxs and outputs won't be visable on the computer screen but you can still control them.

Brett

Yeah, problem is almost no one works with SAC like that. :mrgreen:
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby jlepore » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 pm

RBIngraham wrote:
BrettBrandon wrote:You can still use your template as long as you leave the SAC sections (I R O) grouped together. The auxs and outputs won't be visable on the computer screen but you can still control them.

Brett

"Embrace the SAC way and you'll never look back" :horse:
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby airickess » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:47 am

RBIngraham wrote:

Brett

Exactly. Leaving those grouped together is a non-starter for my uses. There's absolutely no point to getting a controller and using that template if it means losing a feature of SAC that makes it very usable for my needs. It shouldn't be an either-or option, and that makes it a bug in my book.
airickess

Postby jlepore » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:38 am

It is a bug in anyone's book.

I started fixing it and ran into another issue that has to be fixed in the code.
I can do a 64 channel template that allows repositioning at this point.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby leadfoot » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:28 pm

That's awesome, let us know if and when you do it, who knows how long it will take him to get it done. I wish I knew how to do it myself, but I already wear too many hats in life.. Thanks man!
leadfoot

Postby Craig » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 pm

jlepore wrote:It is a bug in anyone's book.

I started fixing it and ran into another issue that has to be fixed in the code.
I can do a 64 channel template that allows repositioning at this point.

Awesome!
-Craig
Craig

Postby jlepore » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I was waiting since he said he was working on a fix to do the whole 102 channels ... then again... there I go falling for the "any day now" bullshit
jlepore

Postby leadfoot » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Brett thanks for the script. I installed AHK, ran your executable, but I don't know how this all is supposed to work, I put the script in the sac folder, but nothing happens.. :oops:
Aren't all those midi controls already in use by the faders and mutes and stuff? Can I get a little how to?
Thanks, again..
leadfoot

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion