airconsole

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: airconsole

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:52 pm

RBIngraham wrote:And I am with Joe in that there were specific promises, some of them even in private email exchanges, about features and functions coming in the next update or two. That was in late 2009 for me. So there were quite a few updates since then and things promised that have never shown up.

Anyway, it's all a moot point right? ;)

Perhaps it is. Best laid plans, etc...
BrentEvans

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:52 pm

RBIngraham wrote:And I am with Joe in that there were specific promises, some of them even in private email exchanges, about features and functions coming in the next update or two. That was in late 2009 for me. So there were quite a few updates since then and things promised that have never shown up.

Anyway, it's all a moot point right? ;)

I will say that the one time I called Bob up (and he actually answered), the conversation quickly turned to his perception of his customers, that they just didn't understand how awesome his work was, etc. This is very much an indicator of a certain personality type, and it's not one that's conductive to business.

For instance... Amy of Amy's Baking Company. They did the Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares show... and he walked out. Said they were beyond help. They wanted him to come in and put his seal of approval on their food and practices... and he wouldn't... so he became a hater and mean internet blogger just like all the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk
BrentEvans

Postby leadfoot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:22 pm

BrentEvans wrote:
RBIngraham wrote:
the conversation quickly turned to his perception of his customers, that they just didn't understand how awesome his work was, etc. This is very much an indicator of a certain personality type,

I think this is a huge problem for him. After almost 20 years of being in the Saw/Sac community, I now think this is where all the weirdness stems from. We are just "the little people"

Well, us little people have taught him a lot over the years and not once has he said thanks. With this last little update, we continue to do it too. He didn't make those midi templates for us, he had us beta test them(which we did) so he could push them in his new venture. He didn't even know how important they are until we told him a gazillion times.. along with so many other things he didn't think were important that we made him see.. what a fucker.
leadfoot

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Just for the record, that quote is from Brent, not me. Not that I would disagree in general with Brent's assessment. (or Brett's for that matter)
Last edited by RBIngraham on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:39 pm

<double post>
Last edited by BrentEvans on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentEvans

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:39 pm

RBIngraham wrote:Just for the record, that quote is from Brett, not me. Not that I would disagree in general with Brett's assessment.

Just for the record, it's Brent, not Brett. Brett makes shades, Brent makes.. well.. :protest:
BrentEvans

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:47 pm

BrentEvans wrote:

I will say that the one time I called Bob up (and he actually answered), the conversation quickly turned to his perception of his customers, that they just didn't understand how awesome his work was, etc. This is very much an indicator of a certain personality type, and it's not one that's conductive to business.

Doesn't surprise me. I've know for quite some time that Bob basically feels that his customers don't get it and that everyone who says anything negative is basically out to get him, even if all they are trying to do is make a suggestion or two, or point out something that isn't working.

I fortunately had been warned before I ever even took a look at SAC. So I had at least some idea what I was in for.

Basically the way I look at it is that Bob wrote these applications for himself and what he wanted to do. And that is all well and fine and good..... UNTIL you start to sell them as a product and hope to make a profit from it. Then, sorry, you have paying customers and they will expect things and at the very least expect bugs to be fixed. Frankly I think if Bob wanted to treat them as his pet projects he should have just made them shareware style products. And priced them accordingly. No one in their right mind expects much in the way of updates and changes from most shareware type products. (of course now days everyone thinks the app should just be free, but that's another debate) Anyway, that model would have fit the way Bob works better. Of course, he wouldn't have made a living selling SAW and then SAC for brief moments, like he has. But at least then when he would say I'm not really interested in that, one could say OK well I didn't pay all that much for this software. And you could perhaps set aside the dismissive tone that was often taken when someone would make a suggestion he didn't like.

But... oh hell I'll just use the icon... :horse:
Last edited by RBIngraham on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:49 pm

BrentEvans wrote:
Just for the record, it's Brent, not Brett. Brett makes shades, Brent makes.. well.. :protest:

I have no idea what you're talking about... :?
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Postby BrentEvans » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 pm

RBIngraham wrote:
BrentEvans wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about... :?

:protest:
BrentEvans

Postby jlepore » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:46 am

leadfoot wrote:He didn't make those midi templates for us, he had us beta test them(which we did) so he could push them in his new venture. He didn't even know how important they are until we told him a gazillion times.. along with so many other things he didn't think were important that we made him see.. what a fucker.

I should also point out the templates he released were broken, and again, I had to point that out, along with starting to release a fixed version before he actually fixed them properly and made them into the release.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion