Just Kool

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Just Kool

Postby Paul Henry » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 am

Saw this and had to post it. Lol.

Paul Henry

Re: Just Kool

Postby shmick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am

That's pretty awesome, but not as awesome as that new berkie or whatever the heck it's called controller that is being made for SAC.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Jeffsco » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

The Behrkie Controller shows some incredible promise. He has indicated that he s working on several combinations of Controllers...BCF with a BCR for example....not just the single BCF you see in the video's.
Jeffsco

Postby randyhyde » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Jeffsco wrote:The Behrkie Controller shows some incredible promise. He has indicated that he s working on several combinations of Controllers...BCF with a BCR for example....not just the single BCF you see in the video's.

I tried *soooo* hard to do this kind of stuff using the Mackie templates. SAC was always a bit unstable when I tried switching between the various vpot configurations (as I suspect is happening here). Not saying it's impossible; someone could always do a better job than me on this stuff, but the fact that SAC choked when there was a massive amount of MIDI commands being processed really ruined my opinion of SAC's internal architecture.

There is, of course, the news that Bob is going to support multiple Mackie control surfaces in the near future; to me that would be the perfect solution. Of course, we've long heard promises of new features soon to arrive so, as usual, be happy with what you have today...
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Postby RBIngraham » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 pm

How long can you hold your breath?

Sorry I just don't get it. While I commend the Behringer hack surface thing for giving it the college try, that looks like the biggest kludge to me. I watch the video and think to myself I could have tweaked all that with my mouse just as fast if not faster and moved onto the next task by now.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:48 pm

RBIngraham wrote:How long can you hold your breath?

Sorry I just don't get it. While I commend the Behringer hack surface thing for giving it the college try, that looks like the biggest kludge to me. I watch the video and think to myself I could have tweaked all that with my mouse just as fast if not faster and moved onto the next task by now.

I agree with the completely. I personally really dig my BCR.
-Craig
Craig

Return to SAC Discussion