I never cease to be amazed

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: I never cease to be amazed

Postby shmick » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Let's not forget the "small favor" post from a while back. Somewhat contradictory to the tune being sung now!

Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby jlepore » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:56 am

So that's where all the changes in SAC came from :)

Surprised he didn't get banned from that blatent violation of the "Rules of Engagement"!
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby BrianR » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 am

I'm the one that got that thread deleted by calling Bob a liar. Then I got a PM from Dell, telling me that "Your comment about being lied to and the manner in which it is presented, is both _contrary_ to the Rules of Engagement and are very subjective.".
LOL
Who put the guy who doesn't seem to know anything about anything,in charge of "Rules of Engagement" ? If I have to ask as many questions as he does every day on a subject, I would't be telling anybody anything.
Bob DID lie to people. The thing is he cleaned out his posts from the forum. He cleans out a LOT. Yes, you try out the software and then buy it as is. But,if Bob had a plan laid out for improvements, that he wasn't sure he really knew how to write into the software, he should have just kept his mouth shut and not said they'd be coming out in the next couple months. He posted like he did have it figured out and it was coming. If I did that to people I would have issued a sincere apology,not cleanse the site of my bullshit. That would have showed some integrity.
I think it's funny as hell that these pussy's private message Bob on who he should ban from the site. I'm telling Dad ! Their the ones who need to grow up for christ's sake. Bob's a big boy with a delete button he doesn't need these idiots to run his site for him. As for Operation Twat... none of the bands he listed in that post would use SAC. I just did a Five Finger Death Punch show and they're carrying PRO 2's. Bruce was a early adopter of them and he loves it, and isn't switching to SAC. Or anybody else on his list.
A few of the bugs Joe found,were found on my system doing shows with me, and I had Bob denying it was the software and blaming my system. One of my favorites back in 2010 was the bug that would cause faders to jump to max. And in the end it was the software not the system. When I would ask, ok Bob what motherboard should I buy that won't have any problems with ?…. All I'd get is crickets.Because you can't buy the board he used to write the software on anymore. Blaming my gear, many times, when in the end it was the software, really used to piss me off. Now I've just given up caring. If Bob would have implemented half the shit he said he was, I would have gladly paid him another $300 for the software to help keep him working on it.

But it's dead.

On with the new !
BrianR

Postby shmick » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 am

Yep. The never ending promise of "Monitor View" with each new release was the nail in the coffin for me. We're still using SAC, but I look forward to switching to AMP when it's released or perhaps a move to back to a physical console, depending on what gets released in the next 12-24 months.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby richswit » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm

BrianR wrote: As for Operation Twat...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
richswit

Postby RBIngraham » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 pm

BrianR wrote:I'm the one that got that thread deleted by calling Bob a liar. Then I got a PM from Dell, telling me that "Your comment about being lied to and the manner in which it is presented, is both _contrary_ to the Rules of Engagement and are very subjective.".
LOL

Well Brian, we're now founding members of the new trouble makers club. In the past if you caused trouble you would just get banned. Now you just get a scolding email from Dell. And apparently a mass of emails to Bob asking him to ban you.

:)

And just for the record Dell, if you're reading this.... the "Rules of Engagement" were not around since 2009. I joined in early 2009 and these rules were not present at that time. If there were rules they were much more typical and innocuous. It wasn't until Bob had his childish moment, took all his toys and went home by shutting down the forum, which led to this forum being created, and the Rules of Engagement showed up. They were new rules after Bob turned the forum back on, most likely because he realized he would never sell any software to the unsuspecting without that forum being around, if this forum was the only working one that showed up when you searched for any information.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion