Bob finally gets honest!

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Bob finally gets honest!

Postby jlepore » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Sorry .. I couldn't resist this one.

A moment of truth ....

ob070214.jpg
ob070214.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 12852 times

Yes Bob - they are better programmers, and know how to follow standards and read the requirements of the API for the operating system they are developing on.
Basic stuff actually.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Re: Bob finally gets honest!

Postby RBIngraham » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Yeah I did love that response as well!

I've found that if you cue up the Little Rascal's theme song while reading the forum things somehow seem to go down smoother. Inspector Gadget also seems to work well.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby shmick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:42 am

Looks like a good old fashioned mud slinging happened on SAC forum last night.

Poor Bob, he's not feeling motivated to write code when he doesn't have cheerleaders.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:16 am

shmick wrote:Looks like a good old fashioned mud slinging happened on SAC forum last night.

Poor Bob, he's not feeling motivated to write code when he doesn't have cheerleaders.

Yeah, it is needless turd throwing over there though. He is right about one thing... Phase Shifter has no interest in being an actual user... most likely just you know who under another handle. :)

It's always driven me crazy as to whether Bob is really trying to make a living or just wants to be loved by the masses. Seems like he really wants both and that is almost never going to happen simultaneously, so he should really pick one and stick to it. Either develop a product that people want to buy and really get behind and you'll sell some software and potentially make some money. Or just create a product for yourself, sell it for cheap to those that think the same way you do and be upfront and honest about what you will and will not ever do.

Oh and all companies hype their products of course but to go on and on about replacing thousands of dollars worth of blah, blah, blah.... there has to be at least some realistic usage to back up all your claims. Or you just seem like either your fibbing or you don't know any better yourself.

Having said all that. I certainly feel like I've gotten my monies worth out of SAC. While there are ton of things I'd like to change with it, it has worked and has provided a lot more bang for the buck than what other gear options would have offered at the prices these modest theatres could afford. But it's not going to replace Broadway budget consoles or anything similar in other segments of the live sound industry. And that's where one should be realistic and realize one's place.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby airickess » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm

RBIngraham wrote:Having said all that. I certainly feel like I've gotten my monies worth out of SAC. While there are ton of things I'd like to change with it, it has worked and has provided a lot more bang for the buck than what other gear options would have offered at the prices these modest theatres could afford. But it's not going to replace Broadway budget consoles or anything similar in other segments of the live sound industry. And that's where one should be realistic and realize one's place.

I couldn't agree more. For me SAC has turned out to be the right tool for designing in small-budget theaters.
airickess

Return to SAC Discussion