Band fired over SAC failures

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Band fired over SAC failures

Postby jlepore » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 pm

The band has upcoming gigs the end of the month. I would very much like their system to continue failing during these gigs in a totally unrelated place, house audio company, etc. Their engineers threw a great line of bullshit trying to blame everything from the system, simultaneous amplifier failure (for specific 30 second intervals), power, etc.

No one at the festival bought it (obviously), but on the off chance they were able to bullshit their band, let them see first hand the line of shit. Unless they really pulled their systems out and worked on them and found the issue (unlikely), they will go up in flames. Just wish I could be there to see it, but I will be many states away at the time.

After that point, I may reveal the issues. At this point, it is a matter of proving it's their incompetence.
Call it payback for the crap they put my coworkers through. If they haven't learned in all their years not to be dicks to the local crew, this will either be a wake-up call, or payback for all those they have fucked over the years. I'm ok with it either way. Couldn't happen to a more deserving crew.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby mattseymour » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:02 am

I get where you're coming from. Incredibly frustrating when one gets the blame for someone else's problems, especially important when professional reputation is involved.
mattseymour

Postby Jeffsco » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 am

jlepore wrote:After that point, I may reveal the issues. At this point, it is a matter of proving it's their incompetence.

I hear your frustration with them Joe. I also hear you saying that this is a problem we ALL face when using SAC. Other side of the coin: It's something that will/can happen to any user of SAC.

And you are not keen on telling us what it is...for the reasons you've stated.

Kind of hard to applaud your stance knowing that I too might have an epic Fail on one of my upcoming mixing jobs. I don't have the luxury of choosing another desk or going analog due to the huge investment tat I would have to make in outboard gear to compete with SAC.

I'd encourage you to reveal to the community what you see could or will go wrong with our SAC systems. You could save a lot of people who do respect you.... a lot of grief.
Jeffsco

Postby jlepore » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:24 am

Well, you could ask Bob. Since this was one of his major act systems that does "thousands of trouble free shows" every day.
I'm guessing they have talked to him about it by now.

What? Bob didn't inform the rest of his customers about it? Imagine that.

Not my responsibility to do it.

Think of all the frustration that I could have avoided if other users indicated their problems before my system crashed on shows, or if anyone else would have tested the same bugs I was reporting that were "my system's" fault for years. Sorry.

As Matt has said - professional reputation is involved. This engineer slandered a bunch of really top-notch engineers (again - this was not my stage). I stand behind them and await the professional ass kicking these guys are going to get on the next failure.

Sorry Jeff - when I have a chance I may send you a PM with some details not for sharing at this time.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby airickess » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:03 am

Is it something that should concern users or is it something more specific to how the engineers in question are using it?
airickess

Postby Jeffsco » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Joe...I appreciate and accept your position. Please do send me a PM if time and circumstances allow.
Jeffsco

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion