Ok Where'd it go?

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Ok Where'd it go?

Postby Jeffsco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am

I was kidding Brett...a little "tongue n cheek"...or nudge nudge wink wink......if you prefer.

I'm looking forward to the game changer AMP is turning out to be...
Jeffsco

Postby BrettBrandon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 am

I didn't take it that way.
One of the really cool things is that you can create whatever you want for mixer windows, ect....

Joe had been wanting a monitor view so I thought, why not recreate an analog knob farm mixer window.
This was the result. He has been using it at gigs.... It also has both pre and post metering.
Attachments
nobfarm.png
nobfarm.png (76.42 KiB) Viewed 21228 times
BrettBrandon

Postby jlepore » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:17 pm

I have been doing national acts with AMP and this mixer window. It is by far the fastest digital desk I have used to spin up lots of monitor mixes at once. Screw the new paradigm bullshit - the old analog way of doing things is still the fastest and most efficient way of doing this. This flexibility is going to be key to the success of AMP just as "do it my way or fuck off (after you give me your money)" was the death of SAC.

And for anyone that doesn't believe it exists .... you can see it in the clip working it's ass off!
http://youtu.be/ACSyDMD7ASA
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Jeffsco » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:57 am

Joe: What are you using to make the changes to the individual sends? BCR2000 or similiar or mouse or....
Jeffsco

Postby jlepore » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Mouse. It was faster than jumping to sends-on-fader and using the fader pack.

With this layout, you can either hover and drag the "knobs" (actually they create a LARGE popup fader such as you see hovering over channel 13 in the picture Brett posted) or just hover over them and use the mouse wheel to make small-step adjustments.
The wheel is much better for being able to look at the artist while making the adjustments knowing you have control over what is changing without having to watch it. It is VERY fast and efficient.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby airickess » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Joe, how can you tell what you are adjusting when the popup fader comes up? In the example posted by Brett I see that something from input 12 is being dialed in or out of a mix but I can't see which mix is being adjusted.

PS - I think this forum should now be renamed AMP Talk, as I believe that the discussions about AMP are much more interesting than the discussions about SAC (which I think have basically devolved to dead-horse beating).
airickess

Postby BrettBrandon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:10 pm

As you move the popup fader, the dial on the control you clicked also moves.

The above screenshot is actually the Touch version that has a much larger fader and touching a control opens the popup. It stays open till the time out is reached after moving it or touch a non control area of another channel.

The version Joe uses is setup for mouse use. The popup fader is only there as long as you click and hold. It also uses a smaller popup.

The beautiful thing is you can create whatever size popup and layouts you want.

Yes this thread has meandered a little bit....
Attachments
nobfarm2.png
nobfarm2.png (33.19 KiB) Viewed 21158 times
BrettBrandon

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:23 am

I have been instructed by the master to inform you I don't "create" anything. Huh, no wonder I never struck it rich in sound design. Man, why didn't he tell me that sooner.... Please don't fill in my boss where I don't design AV systems for multimillion dollar projects either....

LMFAO..... :-)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby jlepore » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 am

You might tell the forum cop over there that the reason the break key by itself doesn't shut down the engine anymore (as the invincible BOB designed it to do) was because I screamed long enough after it took down my show (followed by me reprogramming my system not to do that with a large screwdriver - I still don't have a break key on that keyboard).

Perhaps he would like a version that still shuts down if you hit the wrong key in the dark.
jlepore

Postby jlepore » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 am

Oh .. and I did get a laugh out of the "hundreds/thousands of shows daily" that SAC runs - he don't even have that many users, and certainly not that many of them that still use SAC.

Windbag.
jlepore

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion