Show Stopper

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Show Stopper

Postby gdougherty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:10 am

Tap the label header. Should give a list of all mixbusses.

I will say it'd be nice to lock them out of non-monitor mixbusses from FOH, but I've yet to see anyone accidentally start tweaking the verb send with everything labeled and color coded.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 am

gdougherty wrote:Tap the label header. Should give a list of all mixbusses.

When I click on the Titlebar I get a choice of 1, 2, 3, 4, and All.
It looks more like their version of a dca. Each channel can only have one selection.

It may be that I am not seeing what you are reffering to because of the demo mode.

If it does support multi users this should be perfect.
BrettBrandon

Postby gdougherty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Demo mode shows it. Hold the device vertical and tap the label/title section at the top between the settings and connection buttons. On the master fader page you can also tap the channel label at the bottom.

What you're describing is the MCA page, where you can assign channels or groups of channels to control.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:28 pm

That explains it...
I keep my iPad with the rotation locked. I use it mostly for mixing and hate when I change angles doing something and the screen rotates.

I don't know if they are going to want to rotate the screen to change mixs. They use it live and I think it would be hard for someone like a bass player to do it one handed.

George, thanks for the help
BrettBrandon

Postby gdougherty » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 am

Most of my users keep it in one orientation or the other. Mostly horizontal so they can flip through and change channels. The MCA's don't get used as much.

g is for George
gdougherty

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion