SAC has lost its mojo!

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

SAC has lost its mojo!

Postby shmick » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:45 am

Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Re: SAC has lost its mojo!

Postby RBIngraham » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:10 pm

Well that's because he is an AMP Beta Tester.... :-)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby shmick » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm

RBIngraham wrote:Well that's because he is an AMP Beta Tester.... :-)

I'm getting ready to give up on both SAC and AMP. SAC for obvious reasons, AMP because Bob Puff wont return my emails.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby RBIngraham » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 pm

I know that is an issue, he told me he was hiring some folks to handle support, by which I took to mean emails.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Postby Gil Navarro » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:29 pm

That's me. I have been using SAC since early 2009. I've done easily over 400 shows with it. Mostly bar and smaller festival type stuff, but also a decent amount of big stage stuff like Wefest, Country Fest etc. I've also used SAW since the old SAW Pro days. I'd still be using SAC if the development hadn't stopped. I don't have time and money to keep building my rigs around a dying product. i thought maybe I was done with In-the-box mixing until I got ahold of the AMP beta. Even though it's not complete, the functionality, robustness, efficiency, and development energy re-ignited my fire.
Gil Navarro

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Gil Navarro wrote:That's me.

Gil,
I was just wondering if you pulled your "for sale" post on the other site, or was it removed/cleansed?
BrettBrandon

Postby jlepore » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:42 pm

But it seems like an overpriced version of the same thing is in the main forum - and selling it as OLD versions of the software no less. Wonder how that is?
Are they actually trying to sell a pirated version on that board? I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't at least offer the current versions!

Guess he picked which one he wanted to allow to be sold - although, since it is their first post, and a join date of january, who knows if it's just him doing it to make it look like there's still some value left in it.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:26 pm

jlepore wrote:But it seems like an overpriced version of the same thing is in the main forum - and selling it as OLD versions of the software no less. Wonder how that is?
Are they actually trying to sell a pirated version on that board? I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't at least offer the current versions!

Guess he picked which one he wanted to allow to be sold - although, since it is their first post, and a join date of january, who knows if it's just him doing it to make it look like there's still some value left in it.

I was just assuming that they just got ripped off by whoever sold them the system.
EDIT: Just had a look at their website and it is obvious they spend alot of money, I'm pretty sure they were taken advantage of.

When I started mastering at a place in Nashville in the mid 90's, they had a windows 3.1 computer that came with their DAAD digital cassette duplication system. Pics attached.
I freaked when he told me he paid $15,000 for the computer that came with the system that was over $100,000. Way too much for that computer....
A few months later I built him a new computer that was much faster for under $800.00.
They were also using SAW (the early four track version) at that time for transferring the dat's to wave files for duplication.
I quickly replaced that with Cool Edit Pro as the controls and workflow for SAW were completely abnormal. :roll:
Attachments
002.png
002.png (521.42 KiB) Viewed 25068 times
001.png
001.png (491.02 KiB) Viewed 25068 times
BrettBrandon

Postby Gil Navarro » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:59 am

I had the post pulled. I hadn't gotten any bites so I figured I'll just hold on to it. I was surprised that people didn't even want the products for such a low price, I guess that speaks pretty loud as to the state of things over there.
Gil Navarro

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:01 am

Gil Navarro wrote:I had the post pulled. I hadn't gotten any bites so I figured I'll just hold on to it. I was surprised that people didn't even want the products for such a low price, I guess that speaks pretty loud as to the state of things over there.

Yeah, software can lose it's value pretty quickly.

Although frankly I have to say I personally think it was unwise that Bob always allowed that sale/transfer of license thing to happen. It's a nice gesture but in reality most software companies don't do that. It costs them a sale, adds to the support work and just isn't a good business move. Of course his software doesn't really have a EULA that you agree to when you install the software either. Another bad move in my opinion. (looking at from the software development side) Oh but there I go again... how dare I bring up how a professional developer works.. :o
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
RBIngraham

Next

Return to SAC Discussion