Best Current iPad Solution

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Best Current iPad Solution

Postby Craig » Tue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

What's the current best iPad solution for SAC? Is it AC-7 or did something else work better?
-Craig
Craig

Re: Best Current iPad Solution

Postby jlepore » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 am

Excuse me .. why are you asking here ... Bob already answered you on that other forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

:horse:

(Seriously, I don't know - I just don't use SAC anymore)
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Craig » Wed May 06, 2015 5:59 am

Because I know Brett and others did a lot of work in this area and not everyone checks over there.
-Craig
Craig

Postby RBIngraham » Wed May 06, 2015 8:38 am

The answer was good for a laugh at least. It was like Bob was taking lessons from politicians. Don't answer the question asked just answer the one you want someone to ask. :-)
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby RBIngraham » Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 am

Craig wrote:Because I know Brett and others did a lot of work in this area and not everyone checks over there.

Brett is off someplace with no internet for a while. and he doesn't really pay much attention to either forum really. But hopefully he will chime in at some point.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby airickess » Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 am

Craig wrote:What's the current best iPad solution for SAC? Is it AC-7 or did something else work better?

An Allen&Heath Qu16. That's the best solution.
airickess

Postby RickRock » Wed May 06, 2015 10:32 am

I use Midi Studio Pro based on Bretts ideas and find it useable - one big plus for me is that I can also control my lighting rig on the same page as SAC. One caution with MSP is that you will lose your carefully crafted custom setup when the designer decides to update the app, so write everything down. Updates are sporadic but more regular than Bob L's
RickRock

Postby BrettBrandon » Wed May 06, 2015 11:02 am

RBIngraham wrote:Brett is off someplace with no internet for a while. and he doesn't really pay much attention to either forum really. But hopefully he will chime in at some point.

Thanks Richard, I actually leave Saturday (to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains shown below from a previous trip). :mrgreen:

I was using "Midi Studio Pro" on my iPad. The app by itself gives you access to vol, mute, solo, pan, eq and dynamics. Not the greatest control for eq and dynamics though. It also required "RTPmidi" for translation.
If you are linked to the Host, it also gives you meters. The meters do not work if you are linked to a remote. I was also using a custom "Autohotkey" script to access other things.
Attachments
abin1.png
abin1.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 26333 times
Last edited by BrettBrandon on Wed May 06, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrettBrandon

Postby jlepore » Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 am

You do know I was kidding Craig .. Right?!
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Craig » Wed May 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Nice cabin - I need some time at a place like that. I'm looking into the app, thanks! All I'm really looking for is 17 faders, no EQ or dynamics needed. It'll be run off a remote, so no meters, but no big deal - it's for a monitor remote only. I've used RTP with AC-7, so no big deal there. Do channel labels happen to show up as well?

Joe - I figured you were. At 7a, I didn't have much time... And yes, I love the non-answer over on the other forum... And the May 'hopeful' release date...
-Craig
Craig

Next

Return to SAC Discussion