New Rig

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

New Rig

Postby leadfoot » Sun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Been reading some of the recent posts on the other forum. It's just sad what it has come to. Now it seems you have to get into an argument with him just to find out what he's doing lately.. "I'm working on the next huge update" ... really? maybe he might want to enlighten his paid users with some of that info, instead of having to drag it out of him while getting insulted nine ways to Sunday every time. He's a piece a work for sure. I still remember arguing with him years ago, him saying 24 bit was totally unnecessary.. Most of the important stuff that Saw and Sac can do is because his user base told him that it's needed. I could go on..

Anyways, this is what I just got, and so far I think it's great. It's just for my band which has been playing a lot and we need something where reliability is pretty much at the top of the list but still at this price point. I'm glad we waited because along came this.. the new Yamaha TF3.

F3.JPG
Yamaha TF3 with iPad app
F3.JPG (383.5 KiB) Viewed 17923 times
leadfoot

Re: New Rig

Postby airickess » Mon May 25, 2015 1:33 pm

How does it sound?
airickess

Postby leadfoot » Mon May 25, 2015 2:56 pm

airickess wrote:How does it sound?

That is the big question.. I haven't had it hooked up to the rig yet, just getting things setup through my studio monitors, sounds great, but of course that doesn't really mean shit till I get it out in the field.
I hope it doesn't suck. I'll definitely report back.
leadfoot

Postby gdougherty » Fri May 29, 2015 2:16 pm

leadfoot wrote:

That is the big question.. I haven't had it hooked up to the rig yet, just getting things setup through my studio monitors, sounds great, but of course that doesn't really mean shit till I get it out in the field.
I hope it doesn't suck. I'll definitely report back.

If it sounds great hooked to studio monitors it shouldn't suck hooked to a full rig unless the rig sucks.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby leadfoot » Sat May 30, 2015 11:42 am

gdougherty wrote:
leadfoot wrote:

If it sounds great hooked to studio monitors it shouldn't suck hooked to a full rig unless the rig sucks.

I guess I exaggerated a little cause I don't want to believe the level of hiss I'm hearing.

I do hear some hiss (self noise with no signal passing) with the faders up at unity, that I don't hear on my Sac rig.. (at least I think so I don't have them side by side) that bothers me and I'm hoping that maybe for some reason I won't hear it when put through the rig, which is JBL PRX series powered tops and subs, (I think they sound excellent btw, for what they are in that price range)

I thought for sure even Yamaha's cheaper(but newer) mic pre's would have to be at least as quiet as my old ADA8000's!

So that's what I mean by I hope it doesn't suck, cause if that hiss proves to be too much for my liking, I'll have to return it. That sucks because otherwise, it's great build quality and I like the functionality.
leadfoot

Return to SAC Discussion