SAC 4.0 has arrived

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

SAC 4.0 has arrived

Postby mattseymour » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:06 am

Some interesting things available in the new update. Touch view.... at last, also reference to montarbo stage boxes designed for SAC.

$100 update cost...

If this had arrived last week I'd have bought it by now. But I've just bought the AMP beta license, so that's my spending money spent for now.
mattseymour

Re: SAC 4.0 has arrived

Postby airickess » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:32 am

A lot of optimization and fixes for Windows 8, just in time for Windows 10.
airickess

Postby jlepore » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 am

Yeah - and finally - the ability to record outputs - something he promised me (and therefore got me to buy into SAW) about 5 years ago - now as a final insult, I would have to pay to get what he promised. :protest:

Sorry - he can kiss my ass now. I would never pay him another damn penny after all his lies. And are people really going to trust all these new changes - how many years did it take to fix bugs that were in the old NON-CHANGING code for all those years. Nothing like his new "I can do thread scheduling better than Windows" hacks again. Interesting that AMP doesn't need to play those games, and STILL gets better performance on the same hardware.

Hey Brett: Gonna get right on those shade updates, right? :lol:
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Yeah, I'll get right on that...... NOT!

I bought sac on 7/21/2008 and gave up on it a couple of years ago. I refuse to pay for an update that has what we were promised many years ago. Besides, I have AMP now and find it much superior and more reliable than sac. It also runs on any windows version without jumping through hoops or disabling cores ect, and the networking of remotes just works. No having to share drives, ect...

It's no longer on my website, but I had a rant on there some time ago back when I quit the official forum stating that I bet that AMP would be released before bob l would release the touch screen he showed a year and a half ago at NAMM. And sure enough, the AMP public beta was released first. I wonder if that has something to do with the sac release finally happening.... He saw he was losing more customers fast.
I just found the page with the touch screen pic, http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/sho ... rbo&page=2 and it wasn't NAMM (sorry), it was "MesseFrankfurt".

His pic of the Elton John concert looks to be for monitors. It dosen't look like they trust it for FOH.
Last edited by BrettBrandon on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BrettBrandon

Postby Gil Navarro » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 pm

I think the ONLY thing I've been asking for over the past few years has been a native remote able 31 band graphic eq. Still non existent. I think it only took Bob P a couple of days to make one for AMP. I'm not a coder but how hard can it be?
Gil Navarro

Postby BrettBrandon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

You forget, Bob L dosen't believe in 31 band graphics and it is his way or the highway.... His attitude is one of the reasons I took the highway.
BrettBrandon

Postby shmick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm going to download the v4.0 demo and at least try out the Monitor F Mixer View. If it's not too clunky, I might be willing to fork out the $, but I think my hopes are a little too high in how it should really work compared to how Bob has actually coded it...
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby mattseymour » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Interestingly enough I just fired up the demo on my laptop and the touchview would appear to be useless. It doesn't fit on the screen... Probably works if you're running 1080p. It's the usual, inflexible, fixed format sac that we know so well.
mattseymour

Postby BrentEvans » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:26 pm

BrentEvans

Postby Frank DeWitt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:22 pm

So what do you want? You expected a GUI that anyone could modify to fit what they want and fit where they want it? Next you will want to be able to change the size of the meters and fader knobs, and even the fonts. No one can do that!

Amp user since 2014

Frank
Frank DeWitt

Next

Return to SAC Discussion