Things must be doing great...

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Things must be doing great...

Postby BrentEvans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm

With the Telefunken deal. He's so busy he forgot to renew his website to sell to us mere mortals.
IMG_0558.PNG
IMG_0558.PNG (115.26 KiB) Viewed 62180 times
BrentEvans

Re: Things must be doing great...

Postby jlklein » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Came up on the official board...he's "moving things around"...maybe changing hosting sites?
Something doing with Telefunken at NAMM, maybe a new relationship brewing?

Jeff
jlklein

Postby BrentEvans » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Maybe. Although, for a technology company to take their website offline for a week to reorganize it or move it is either just stupid. There's no excuse for that. His registered users can't download software, his new customers (haha) can't buy the software...

You can, however, enlist GoDaddy to assist you in aquiring the domain for $69.99 plus plus plus...

You know... I am really trying to figure out why I still watch that forum. It has now been a year and a half since my last show on SAC. I can't bring myself to sell off the hardware though. I have 4 Profire 2626s, two MOTU 2408 mk3s, and a 424 card sitting there collecting dust. Might recommission one of the 2626 units into my video rig at some point, but I have an 8Pre i could also use for that...

I guess it's like watching a train wreck in really slow motion. It's hard to tear away.
BrentEvans

Postby jlepore » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Because the same hardware works much better with AMP. At least half or a third of the latency for me.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby BrentEvans » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:33 pm

In today's coverage of the train wreck in progress, the sales site is more or less permanently down due to "deals" in process.. but you can now order it by email complete with a fully licensed copy of windows 2009 embedded standard, so we can continue to beat the XP horse for a couple of years until THAT EOL date. Hilarious. His time to sell it off and retire on the spoils is running out.
BrentEvans

Postby BrettBrandon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

The original post was about purchasing an upgrade. Bob did not answer the original question and did a good politicians job of changing the subject. He said contact him if you are interested in a system, not SAC alone (at least that's what I get from it). I'm guessing that the licensing deals that are pending will not allow him to sell SAC.
The SAC site that went offline over a month ago was in his words
"I'm moving some things around and re-organizing.
The SACRemote download is now currently available at the http://www.RMLLabs.com site temporary homepage.
Bob L " .

Then weeks later we see this in a post:
Lots of changes in the wind. There are a few pending deals with major companies for SAC licensing systems. Also... due to the demise of Win XP, I am offering specialized Windows Embedded SAC mix engine systems for direct sales in many customized formats. This includes a legal WES2009 embedded Microsoft license for an extremely stable and high performance version of Win XP Embedded. Contact me directly if interested.
Bob L
But the "softwareaudioconsole.com site is gone and the web url is up for sale. Maybe SAC will be moved to the rmllabs site but would you as a business person shut down sales like this if you were planning on continuing on selling it?
OK, Telefunken is supposed to be releasing a SAC based system this year.................. I'll watch and wait...
But then, lets not forget that the Montarbo thing started about three years ago and still I have seen nothing. I created a custom shade for them years ago. I have heard nothing from them since. Maybe they figured out SAC will not play well with modern computer systems......

It is also interesting how Bob has drastic price reductions for SAW, but no mention of SAC....

I think that if Bob was still selling SAC, he would (or should) have a link on the rml temporary page other than just the latest SAC remote download link......

But then we all know how it goes, Bob will enlighten us at a time and place of his choosing. Don't forget, we need to adapt to his methods..................................................................... :lol:
BrettBrandon

Postby BrentEvans » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 am

It's not like this is the first time things have gone dark over there. Remember when he got butt hurt a few years back and took it all offline, and cleansed the forum... then came back with new forum rules and a really bad attitude?

I am really trying to understand why a microphone company would want to be involved in this product. I mean, I would understand if someone like Peavey, Rolls Marantz, ART, etc, were to try to get on board as a way of entering the digital mixer market. But Telefunken? The esoteric boutique mic and accessories company?

Maybe I just don't get it. That's got to be it. I must have fallen off the ride harder than I thought.
BrentEvans

Postby BrettBrandon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am

This is something that always bothered me about the official forum. It strikes me that Bob has always tried to make things look better then they are.
The attached screen print says it all..... Kind of makes you wonder if there are even a couple dozen people online.
Attachments
forum.png
forum.png (69.32 KiB) Viewed 61868 times
BrettBrandon

Postby BrentEvans » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 am

That's usually a figure calculated over the last 10-15 minutes. There may be some different algorithm for the two different figures. It's not as if he cares much about the forum... He can't even be bothered to change the title banner from the default image. I'm sure he does as little maintenance as possibly. I think what's more telling us that there are always way more guests than members.
BrentEvans

Postby jlepore » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah, his numbers were always fake. There has never been a time where there were HUNDREDS of users online at the same time - he doesn't even HAVE that many actual users.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Next

Return to SAC Discussion