Welcome

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Welcome

Postby Administrator » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Paul Henry wrote:Hi guys.

Typical that I would only find out about this forum AFTER Bob's is back up. Lol. :D

Welcome aboard.

As you can see, this board is not going anywhere, and is still the place for non-censored discussions that are not possible on the other forum!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Paul Henry » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 am

Administrator wrote:

Typical that I would only find out about this forum AFTER Bob's is back up. Lol. :D

Welcome aboard.

As you can see, this board is not going anywhere, and is still the place for non-censored discussions that are not possible on the other forum!

Glad to hear it. Apparently the link that lead me here was taken down.
Paul Henry

Postby Administrator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Paul Henry wrote:Glad to hear it. Apparently the link that lead me here was taken down.

I have the distinct feeling that Bob does not approve of this forum.

Oh well.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby gdougherty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Paul Henry wrote:
Administrator wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Glad to hear it. Apparently the link that lead me here was taken down.

The "Discussion" link in my sig still exists. Seems to be flying under the radar.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby Doug_Danforth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm

You haven't missed anything. This forum has devolved into a gossip column focused mostly on making fun of people.

Signal to noise ratio is essentially zero.

Doug
Doug_Danforth

Postby soundguy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Doug_Danforth wrote:You haven't missed anything. This forum has devolved into a gossip column focused mostly on making fun of people.

On the contrary, this forum has the highest profile SAC users posting regularly. I'm referring to guys that work with national acts and touring acts, have sound companies that are responsible for semi-large to large installations weekly and use SAC in professional theatrical environments. They have real world experience with pro audio gear in addition to SAC so they actually have something to compare to when asked a question.

I guess those discussions could be considered "noise" by a school teacher with a part time band gig like yourself. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

There is not a lot of drivel here like there is on the "official" forum ... (how do you patch in a reverb, what does pre/post mean, Oh boy I mixed on SAC last night, SAC is the best thing in the world and Bob is God, etc.)

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby randyhyde » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Doug_Danforth wrote:

You haven't missed anything. This forum has devolved into a gossip column focused mostly on making fun of people.

Doug

And with that, the S/N ratio dropped another dB :)

Seriously, if the only purpose this forum serves is to give people a place to vent about the problems they're having with SAC, then that's a good thing. Any such discussions get censored at the official site and these types of discussions are just as important as the types of discussions allowed on the official site. The real shame is that someone who is just looking at SAC and trying to evaluate whether it is right for them probably won't find out about this site until it is too late.

I know one thing is for sure, I would have been a lot more careful about jumping into SAC had I read some comments like those in this forum before sinking money into the console. I can't say that I feel the SAC purchase was an outright mistake -- SAC has worked well for me over the past three years. Further, I probably would have wound up with another analog desk had I not bought SAC and that would have been worse for me. I just wish that I was making the "NEW CONSOLE" decision today instead of three years ago. So many new options that look good today. Indeed, I have a hard time believing people are still getting super excited about SAC today given the competition (X32 comes to mind here, but even if you barf at the mention of Behringer, there are lots of other decent digital boards in the SAC price range).

cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Postby BrentEvans » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Holy zombie thread, batman!
BrentEvans

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion