Delay stack channels

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Delay stack channels

Postby newmediamark » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm

jlepore wrote:I get the front panel thing on the 4800s - genuine PITA. What's wrong with using SA to do it? That's how I run our systems all the time and it's actually easy and a pleasure to use. I can get to the upper decks and do the time aligns and eq matching between mains and side hangs while standing in the overlap areas. Real nice UI, you can see what you're doing, and you can actually hear the changes in real-time without the whole change-update-repeat BS with plugins. We usually have 2 or 3 4800s linked to we can access all the zones remotely at once. Having remote mutes and pink generators is another really handy feature!

System Architect really is the best way to go if you use Harmon family of products. The amount of products you can control from SA, and the power it gives you is astounding. (DBX, Crown, JBL powered, BSS, AKG, Soundcraft, etc.)

If you are intimidated by the software, or just need to learn it a little better, Harmon offers a FREE two day training session in SLC. They'll even pay for your hotel and feed you breakfast and lunch, and perhaps the trainer will take you out to dinner on the last day. You need to find your way to the training at your own expense, but it is an incredible value and goes DEEP into the software. Flights are cheap from the western U.S., and lodging and most of your meals are free. Tech support on a first name basis after the training is also very cool. You'll even dabble in Production Manager Beta which integrates Line Array calculator into SA.

....just paying it forward.

Mark
newmediamark

Postby randyhyde » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

jlepore wrote:
I get the front panel thing on the 4800s - genuine PITA. What's wrong with using SA to do it?

Just training.
As I said, I'm the only one who has put any effort into learning SA at this point.
This past year I've upgraded my system several times (e.g., going tri-amp, going aux-fed subs, soon I'll be adding cardiod subs) and I'm dumping enough new stuff on my staff at each show that I don't want to confuse things by adding something as complex as the 4800/SA to the mix.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Postby newmediamark » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 pm

randyhyde wrote:Just training.
As I said, I'm the only one who has put any effort into learning SA at this point.
This past year I've upgraded my system several times (e.g., going tri-amp, going aux-fed subs, soon I'll be adding cardiod subs) and I'm dumping enough new stuff on my staff at each show that I don't want to confuse things by adding something as complex as the 4800/SA to the mix.

I'm surprised that you find SA more complicated than the front panel, which drives me nuts. I guess it depends on what you are used to. I learned programming the 4800 in SA and never looked back. I took the Harman training as well which got deeper than I could have imagined, and became very comfortable.

Whatever works for you is the best way.

Mark
newmediamark

Postby newmediamark » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 pm

I just received an email notice that System Architect 3.2 has been released today to support HiQnet Motion Control iOS app, which allows custom panels designed in System Architect to be exported to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Using Motion Control you can control devices from BSS Audio and dbx, with more products coming on line soon. You can load directly from SA to the devices without having to go through iTunes.

If you use Harman products, now is a good time to make SA your friend. Audio Architect is coming early 2013, which is SA on steroids.

Mark
newmediamark

Previous

Return to SAC Discussion