Thread Deletions

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Thread Deletions

Postby soundguy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 pm

not sure what happened here to get a post deleted, but I'm gonna guess it was not because the poster disagreed with the administrator over the necessity of a software feature or was unhappy that an upgrade was taking so long.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby RBIngraham » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:29 pm

No it was someone making a false account to appear to be our favorite drummer, and then poking fun..... gotta say, it might be gone, but it was funny as hell...
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby soundguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am

Ahh. Sorry I missed it.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby Administrator » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:25 am

I must admit I had a good laugh over it as well, but Dan seemed to be offended for some reason by it.
The registration DID match someone (who will remain nameless) on this forum.

It was informative however about one thing. I will share the link they posted:http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/member.php?u=5437

And yes, that was the second set of messages deleted from this forum in it's multi-year history. Can Bob say that?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Doug_Danforth » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:53 pm

I was not offended. I just found it interesting/telling that someone would go to the trouble of creating a false account for the sole purpose of making fun of someone.

Doug (not Dan)
Doug_Danforth

Postby soundguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:37 pm

I find it "telling" that on the other forum you were able to create a false or "anonymous" account *with the administrators blessing*, to level personal attacks on any non-Kool Aid drinker ... for requesting feature updates, making suggestions on how to improve the software, or complaining about lack of important bug fixes.

Setting the inexperienced Kook Aid drinkers straight was verboten of course ... which degraded into banishment for the above mentioned "offenses".

Malicious attacks on others is OK over there if you kiss the ring. Now that is offensive and "telling".

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby Doug_Danforth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 am

I agree completely, no one should be allowed to hide behind the cover of anonymity. Removes all sense of responsibility for ones actions.

If you want to make comments on the forum (this one or the other) you should have the courage to use your real name.

Doug
Doug_Danforth

Postby soundguy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:44 pm

You certainly have a valid point that people can hide behind anonymity. Personally, I choose to use a handle because some of the ass kissers over on the other forum contacted me off-forum with malicious threats while others attempted to contact my clients directly, and solicit business using my name and my company name. It became professionally embarrassing to be associated with that forum. Scumbags.

But my point is that the administrator of that forum *allows* malicious attacks against anyone who disagrees with him or his lemmings, but *deletes posts* that suggest room for improvement in his software, lest anyone else learn of it's numerous shortcomings and poor customer service, and potential banishment of anyone who defends themselves against those malicious attacks, frequently coming from the administrator himself. Bigger scumbag.

But the guy hasn't sold a copy of anything in months, maybe years. The classifieds are littered with people dumping. His business is failing not because his software doesn't have potential, but because he's an asshole. The inexperienced ass kissers whom he allows to run free on his forum ... and occasionally show up here ... help show the world what an unprofessional company they are dealing with. Even at NAMM, the new *partners* were already trying to disassociate themselves from him.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Just to be fair about it, I seriously doubt you have any idea how many or few copies of his software Bob has sold in the recent past or ever for that matter. We can all speculate, but that is really all it is, speculation.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby jlepore » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Based on the number of copies that are for sale "below cost", I would have to believe he has sold NONE. There is no reason not to buy a lower priced copy from someone since he will transfer the license and all rights, and there is nothing "degraded" about used software.

I think even the stupid know not to buy into this at this point.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion