Thread Deletions

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: Thread Deletions

Postby soundguy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:49 pm

gdougherty wrote:In some semblance of fairness to Bob, you're welcome to send him emails requesting features, criticizing the product, etc. he just doesn't want it on the forum.

In fairness to truth in general, what is the reason he doesn't want these requests on the forum? I suggest that it was because feature updates became the majority of posts on the forum. Why is that a problem? Could it be because there are MANY shortcomings to the software that are not in line with his promotional pitch that "SAC meets the requirements of professionals", which of course is not true at all. I suggest that the ridiculous censorship on the forum is to facilitate sales to the those that fall for the deceiving sales pitch.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby Administrator » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 am

He likes them in private so he can keep saying "you're the only one that wants this feature".
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby gdougherty » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 am

Of course, no disagreement on any of those points. Users do have somewhat of a say though, their input is not entirely ignored. While not a huge list, there are a number of small things in SAC today that are there because I requested them. One of them is the pre-attenuator tap point for the monitor mixers that I use on a very regular basis and truly allows SAC to function as two independent consoles after the initial gain at the preamp.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby soundguy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Craig wrote:But the 'Just a Thought' thread where the rules of engagement are blasted is still there...

Not anymore. It's gone. I had a back and forth with Kool Aid Carl, who was determined to argue that the facts of the "rules of engagement" were not factual.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby jlepore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 am

gdougherty wrote:Of course, no disagreement on any of those points. Users do have somewhat of a say though, their input is not entirely ignored. While not a huge list, there are a number of small things in SAC today that are there because I requested them. One of them is the pre-attenuator tap point for the monitor mixers that I use on a very regular basis and truly allows SAC to function as two independent consoles after the initial gain at the preamp.

Yes, most of my bugs eventually get fixed. I think I am probably responsible for something in every release since I came onboard in 2.6
Yet, I am still his favorite whipping boy. He should teach master classes in customer service.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby gdougherty » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

jlepore wrote:
gdougherty wrote:Of course, no disagreement on any of those points. Users do have somewhat of a say though, their input is not entirely ignored. While not a huge list, there are a number of small things in SAC today that are there because I requested them. One of them is the pre-attenuator tap point for the monitor mixers that I use on a very regular basis and truly allows SAC to function as two independent consoles after the initial gain at the preamp.

Yes, most of my bugs eventually get fixed. I think I am probably responsible for something in every release since I came onboard in 2.6
Yet, I am still his favorite whipping boy. He should teach master classes in customer service.

Well, I for one am glad for your work and efforts in even attempting to reproduce. SAC is a much better product today from the efforts of its users.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby shmick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Someone should propose this idea to Bob :lol:

http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Administrator » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 am

So that's what happens when I go on tour and leave "Auto-approve" on huh?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Next time, let us know when you do that, so we can all get in on the fun.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby Doug_Danforth » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 am

Gotta love the irony of posts being deleted in a thread bemoaning posts being deleted on the other forum :-)
Doug_Danforth

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion