Programmable Keypad?

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Programmable Keypad?

Postby tubetonez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I've seen a few things about using these, saying you can hit one button for say "Monitor Mix 1" and and another button for a specific channel, then use arrow keys to adjust volume. I don't see any way of doing so except for a limited number of channels - program the F and Alt-F views with specific hot channels saved for some, just the mixer for the others?
tubetonez

Re: Programmable Keypad?

Postby tubetonez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Anyone? I've been digging through the manual and don't see any way of programming keys except for F-key views?
tubetonez

Postby shmick » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

If you want to hookup a programmable keypad like the X-Keys 24, you're going to need to use a 3rd party util like AutoHotkey to make the most of it.

I posted some AutoHotkey scripts in the FAQs and Tips section early today that might help.
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby gdougherty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

tubetonez wrote:Anyone? I've been digging through the manual and don't see any way of programming keys except for F-key views?

No, and you won't. Autohotkey or special macro apps that come with the keyboards are the onl way to program keys into SAC. It's not officially supported.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby randyhyde » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

tubetonez wrote:I've seen a few things about using these, saying you can hit one button for say "Monitor Mix 1" and and another button for a specific channel, then use arrow keys to adjust volume. I don't see any way of doing so except for a limited number of channels - program the F and Alt-F views with specific hot channels saved for some, just the mixer for the others?

I bought a Genovation 24-key USB programmable keypad exactly for this purpose. I only have one unit and my monitor and FOH guys are always fighting over who gets to use it (I usually put it on the monitor station as it's mainly used for switching between monitor views). Ought to buy another one to keep people happy.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
randyhyde

Postby tubetonez » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

gdougherty wrote:
tubetonez wrote:Anyone? I've been digging through the manual and don't see any way of programming keys except for F-key views?

No, and you won't. Autohotkey or special macro apps that come with the keyboards are the onl way to program keys into SAC. It's not officially supported.

I get this, and have experimented with some hotkey/macro software. I can imagine only two methods of jumping to a particular channel - one would be saving the hot channel in an Fkey view, or programming a macro series of arrow/scroll changes.
tubetonez

Return to SAC Discussion