SAW-SAC Link Plugins

Discussions about SAW Studio (all versions)

SAW-SAC Link Plugins

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Wondering if others are having this experience. I recently (dec) bought saw lite and finally started recording my live sessions from sac. The import of channel info seems to work but the plugins don't seem to work properly? Any ideas?
Phil

Re: SAW-SAC Link Plugins

Postby AntonZ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:50 pm

If I understood things correctly, you basically record dry signals from the channels, as you would in any multichannel recording setup. Any processing, like adding plugins, EQ, compression/limiting and the like are done later. All channels will be recorded "dry" if you will, in order to maintain maximum quality and flexibility at mix time.

(please correct me if I'm wrong, I do own SAC and SAW but haven't done much recording through the SAC-SAW-link just yet)
AntonZ

Postby Craig » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Plug ins are not imported into SAW, only channel info as you've found.
-Craig
Craig

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 am

Thanks Craig, that's what I noticed too. What is odd, is the multitrack has the plugins selected, just no settings.
Phil

Postby Servant Digital » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Make sure you have all plugins your using load in SAW folders and SAC folders I'm not sure with 5.0 but I believe the settings will transfer from SAC but I could be wrong on that if i am make you save the setting on your plugins in SAC then open the plug in SAW and load the setting. But the main point is you must have the plugins in each program. Some plugins will install in there own program folder and SAC/SAW will locate them separately.

Servant Digital
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I installed in both SAC and SAWLite folders.

Another odd quirk is the RML Reverb doesn't load any presets(drop menu is blank) in SAW.
Phil

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Phil wrote:I installed in both SAC and SAWLite folders.

Another odd quirk is the RML Reverb doesn't load any presets(drop menu is blank) in SAW.

Try deleting the preference file for the the reverb plug in. I forget where this is located off the top of my head, but it's somewhere in the folder the plug in is installed in. The restart SAW or SAC and load the reverb plug in. See if the preset show up. If that doesn't work, I recomend deleting it and doing the install over again.

This has happened to me several times actually.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Return to SAW Discussion