Welcome

Discussions related to the operation of the forum, suggestions, rules, etc.

Welcome

Postby Administrator » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

As this forum develops, I would like to invite you to give suggestions on how to make this better serve our community.

I am guessing some sub-forums would probably help organize things a bit, but I do not want it to get too fragmented.
All ideas welcome, and I will do what I can to implement those that have community support.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Welcome

Postby shmick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 am

Can the "save draft" button be moved or removed?
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Administrator » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 am

I can check on that ... can I ask why? Are you accidentally saving instead of posting often?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby shmick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:41 am

Administrator wrote:I can check on that ... can I ask why? Are you accidentally saving instead of posting often?

Yeah, I keep clicking on save draft by default!
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby soundguy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:10 pm

shmick wrote:Can the "save draft" button be moved or removed?

I like the "save draft" button. It''s good when I have to log off in the middle of a thought.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby shmick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 pm

soundguy wrote:
shmick wrote:Can the "save draft" button be moved or removed?

I like the "save draft" button. It''s good when I have to log off in the middle of a thought.

Soundguy

Why would you have to log off?
shmick

Postby soundguy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:46 pm

shmick wrote:Why would you have to log off?

I guess I don't "have to", I choose to. Sometimes I walk away for hours on a different mission and shut down the laptop ... or take it with me. I'm just saying it's a nice feature.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby MikeSous » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:58 pm

No suggestions, I'm just writing to let you guy(s) know that I sincerely appreciate the effort, the time, the dedication, the will and everything else that starting such a forum requires.

So, I guess ... ... Thank you!!

SS
MikeSous

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:21 pm

This could well be that I have just not spent enough time exploring the interface of the new forum yet... so if that is the case please excuse me in asking...

But I have not found an easy way to subscribe tthreadsds yet. I also kind of miss the new posts feature that was in Bob's forum where it would show you all the new posts since the last time you visited.

If there could be a wayreceiveieve an email when new posts are sent to a thread you've subscribed to, I'd really appreciate it. Having emails sent to me was the only real way I was ever drawn into Bob's forum. I rarely will bother to visit a forum unless I get an email drawing me in for some reason.

Just a request, or again, if I'm just missing the buttons or tools how how to do this and it's already hear, please forgive my ladisciplineipline to search it out.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby Administrator » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 pm

RBIngraham wrote:This could well be that I have just not spent enough time exploring the interface of the new forum yet... so if that is the case please excuse me in asking...

But I have not found an easy way to subscribe tthreadsds yet. I also kind of miss the new posts feature that was in Bob's forum where it would show you all the new posts since the last time you visited.

If there could be a wayreceiveieve an email when new posts are sent to a thread you've subscribed to, I'd really appreciate it. Having emails sent to me was the only real way I was ever drawn into Bob's forum. I rarely will bother to visit a forum unless I get an email drawing me in for some reason.

Just a request, or again, if I'm just missing the buttons or tools how how to do this and it's already hear, please forgive my ladisciplineipline to search it out.

Thanks,

Richard

If you look at the footer at the very bottom of the page, you will see a "Subscribe Topic" link - that will send you an email when the topic has changes.

As for New Posts, once you are in the forums, the topics with new messages should light in red. When you are in a topic, there is a "first unread message" link at the top right of the listing that will take you to the first message you haven't seen.

I also believe if you click on the name of the forum in the navigation on the top, it brings you to an alternate view where it shows all the messages across all topics that are new in the forum. I don't use that feature, since I like to view everything by topic in case I need context. So you shouldn't need the feature either :mrgreen:
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to Housekeeping