Pieces Parts

Links to other sites with information about SAC and SAW

Pieces Parts

Postby gdougherty » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 am

Second time around I've gone to build a custom panel and found Redco.com to be the place to go. Broad assortment of quality parts hits pretty much everything you'd need to build your own rack panels. They don't have the lowest prices on absolutely everything, but they're in the ballpark on everything and I didn't need to pay shipping from 3 different places to get everything I needed.

I ended up with Amphenol XLR and lower-end Neutrik TRS gold plated connections for the device side and Neutrik Male and Female XLR on the panel side to convert from the rear panel i/o on the Profire units. Canare 16-channel quad snake cable was on sale for under $2/ft but the Gepco GepFlex 16 channel snake is what I used in the past for connecting i/o to each Profire.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Re: Pieces Parts

Postby gdougherty » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Related note, the Canare snake cable is nice and flexible, but I prefer the Gepco for the obvious color differences and the numbered cables. The Canare is color stripe coded with 8 channels having a single stripe on grey and 8 channels having a double stripe on grey. The Gepco is easy to setup as 1-8 inputs/outputs and 9-16 as the outputs/inputs and keep them straight when connecting to the preamps. The Canare is going to require some label tape or some sort of marked numbering besides the color stripe.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Return to Helpful Links