clicking "Save and update session" closes SAC

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

clicking "Save and update session" closes SAC

Postby ralhop » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:34 am

Hello,

I'm installing Sac on another laptop ( LENOVO T400) with window 7 32 bit and installed my templates for SAC
now when I press "save and Update session" it closes Sac, also in Live Mode.

when I press "save mix session as" I don't have this problem

before this I had another laptop with Windows XP and had never this problem.

I want to have a stable system so I hope someone can help me with this problem

best regards,
Ralph
ralhop

Re: clicking "Save and update session" closes SAC

Postby Servant Digital » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Is this a new host or remote... what templates?... do you have a file path that does not exist on this new machine?... if you open and create a new session does the problem still exist?
Next would be network permissions
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby gdougherty » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Bob recommends not doing a direct copy of the install directory from one host to another. F-keys are fine to save and transfer as are all your sessions and plugins but I always scratch install and build the preferences manually for that hardware and config.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Postby jlepore » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 pm

ralhop wrote:I'm installing Sac on another laptop ( LENOVO T400) with window 7 32 bit and installed my templates for SAC
now when I press "save and Update session" it closes Sac, also in Live Mode.

That is the result of an unhandled program error. If you turn Windows Error Reporting Service back on, you should see the box saying "an exception has occured .. windows needs to close this program".... This will cause a dump file to be created that if we still have support from the author would allow him trace down the issue. Of couse, as I have found out, it usually comes at the price of being blamed for causing the error for months until someone else hits it.

The benefit of leaving this service running is, while the app is still going to fail, this box stops it from going totally away. While you lose all control of the program at that point, it usually WILL continue to pass audio - until you dismiss the box. Kind of like stopping the bullet inches from your face - you know you're dead, you can just pick when it will actually kill you.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby ralhop » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:14 pm

First thanks for the responce.
I found out that if i turn on my RME firewire800 off the problem is away, i have it for testing on the internal firewire port.

I 've ordered a firewire 800 express card with TI chipset and hope the problem is away.
ralhop

Postby ralhop » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:12 am

The error that I get is in the ole32.dll file
I don't know what it is.
ralhop

Return to Bugs