SAC/SAW Recording behavior

Frequently Asked Questions and Usage Tips. Please try to limit discussion in this subforum.

SAC/SAW Recording behavior

Postby jlepore » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 am

I found out tonight that when setting up to record in SAWLite using SAC Link, import selected channels, it will only bring over channels in slots 1-48 - even if you make a selection with a legal number of channels, if they happen to be in slots 49-72, the are just silently ommited.

I happened to have my tracks in the upper band channels and couldn't figure out why they were not coming across ... as soon as I copied them to slots below 48, they came in.

Doubt this will get changed, but it is certainly something to be aware of - if you want to record them, they MUST be in the first 48 slots.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Re: SAC/SAW Recording behavior

Postby gdougherty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 am

Good to know. Yet one more reason to stick with Reaper and skip SAW. I just setup a template for the number of input channels and record all inputs for as long as we're rolling. Nothing to interrupt, all independent of SAC. Easy enough to rename files after.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

Return to FAQs and Tips