SAC 4.0 has arrived

Discussions about the use and operation of SAC (Software Audio Console)

Re: SAC 4.0 has arrived

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Craig wrote:I'm mildly tempted to upgrade to for VST and the monitor view, but I am terrified of the touch view... VST is a deal breaker for me...

Nothing saying that you have to use the touch view of course. If the rest of it is important to you, in the long run $100 to upgrade really isn't all that much. I will give Bob that, it's not like he is price gouging.

So lack of VST in AMP is a deal breaker? Is that what you're saying?

I am curious what folks are using VST for in their live shows? Synths?
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby RBIngraham » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

BrentEvans wrote:I'm going to go ahead and preserve the full thread. After my last reply, it'll probably be cleansed or deleted.

Well that is just asking to be cleansed... :lol:
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby tatkin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 pm

BrentEvans wrote:I'm going to go ahead and preserve the full thread. After my last reply, it'll probably be cleansed or deleted.

Gee... Brent, I wonder if you could make an ADA case against the new touch view :o
It amazes me that he constantly replies with workarounds instead of just doing it right. One of the things that annoys me the most about touchscreens and phones in general is having to scroll all over the screen to see something that you're looking for.

Of course calling up F-Keys and scrolling all around the screen is quite fast and intuitive when you're trying to focus on running sound for a gig ;) ... Oh well... Didn't want to spend $100.00 anyway.
tatkin

Postby Craig » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:13 pm

RBIngraham wrote:
Craig wrote:I'm mildly tempted to upgrade to for VST and the monitor view, but I am terrified of the touch view... VST is a deal breaker for me...

Nothing saying that you have to use the touch view of course. If the rest of it is important to you, in the long run $100 to upgrade really isn't all that much. I will give Bob that, it's not like he is price gouging.

So lack of VST in AMP is a deal breaker? Is that what you're saying?

I am curious what folks are using VST for in their live shows? Synths?

Yes, lack of VST is a deal breaker and I don't want to use two PCs or programs, too much trouble. I use it mostly for FX - Harmonizer, Auto Tune, distortion, flange, chorus, and some crossover duties, though I could live without the crossover.
I'm not afraid of $100, and probably will splurge sooner or later (and still will probably buy AMP too so I can bitch about the lack of VST and maybe get that changed) but I am terrified on how the touch interface is shaping up and don't want to get caught up in some other sort of bug. I have no desire currently to use the touch interface (though my new guitarist wants to), but I'm also scared that all of my perfectly stable sessions have to be updated to 4.0... I'm just nervous of the whole thing. I've got a weekend off in August, maybe I'll mess with it then. And I'm not really thrilled with the idea of shelling out $$ when I see how he's treating Brent! :? On another note, I'm going to Vegas in September. Should I stop by and say Hi?? :lol:
-Craig
Craig

Postby airickess » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:20 pm

How dare consumers expect a product to work right out of the box!
My hardware digital console worked right out of the box. The digital snake system worked right out of the box. The iPad app worked right out of the box.

Hmm, to spend money on a SAC upgrade and a new tablet or spend $300 on AMP? That's not a tough choice. His stubbornness has made the easy choice even easier.
airickess

Postby Gil Navarro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Amp is dangerously close to having everything critical to me for an effective console. Aside from all of the individual channel features, you'll get 31 band graphic eqs, delays, verbs, tracking, and virtual sound check. I can do any show with this toolset. I have no problem running a second laptop with waves plugs for additional fx if I want them. I've done it and it works great. AMP is in it's infant stage and already performs better than SAC. The developer is pleasant to deal with and hungry for feedback. It's refreshing!
Gil Navarro

Postby Craig » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:11 pm

I don't disagree and I'm sure I'm going to buy in, but VST on a 2nd machine is not an option for me. If it's not native, I don't want to use it. This is as firm for me as Brent's 'love' of the new touch interface in SAC.
-Craig
Craig

Postby BrentEvans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:43 pm

It's really bad now... he got mad enough to look me up in the database and asked me to prove I'm a paid user. When I linked him a screen shot of my registered user ID login that shows my name, he asked why I couldn't just give him a simple answer. Craig beat me to pointing out that I had.

This is ridiculous. In fact, it's beyond ridiculous. It's ricoculous. You'll get that tomorrow.
Attachments
t seem to work for me.pdf
(294.14 KiB) Downloaded 1563 times
BrentEvans

Postby Craig » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 pm

It's just flipping lazy... too lazy to make the thing detect screen resolution and adjust, and too lazy to notice 'Really' was a link...
-Craig
Craig

Postby BrentEvans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Yeah, and I'm too lazy to click "Buy" on his website. I mean, you probably have to click through four layers to do it....
BrentEvans

PreviousNext

Return to SAC Discussion