Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

Re: Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Postby Yogi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I wasn't talking about putting the delay in there to try and match things up but rather to cause the signal to be routed a bit differently in the engine. The delay doesn't have to be very long, maybe 5 to 10 ms (which really is very minimal). Just try it and see if it solves the problem.
Yogi

Postby jlklein » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Yogi wrote:Jeff, give this a try and maybe it would solve it. Put the studio delay in there and just give it say 10 ms. This would ensure it's not on the same sample cycle. It's worth a shot and won't cost you anything to try.

I think you mean "Joe"? (jlepore)

Jeff
jlklein

Postby jlepore » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Back when I first hit this, and spent a LOT of time trying to isolate it down (as you know, it is the USERS responsibility to find the bugs for the developer), I tried all kinds of things to modify the chain when it was in this state. I added to the plug-in chain, removed from it, swapped hardware output ports, etc. Nothing changed the effect. Once it was delayed, it stayed delayed until the engine was restarted. Then it would run for a while and randomly go bad again.

The problems with restarting the engine is first, it IS audiable, and no way I am going to send pops and clicks to people wearing in-ears, and second, it throws SAW offline and destroys a recording. Neither is an acceptable workaround.

Again .. we are talking about something that supposedly has been "fixed" - we're just not privileged enough to have the new code.
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby soundguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 pm

jlepore wrote:Again .. we are talking about something that supposedly has been "fixed" - we're just not privileged enough to have the new code.

Then it's not fixed.

Soundguy
soundguy

Postby Yogi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry Jeff, my apologies. The jl in both names threw me off.
Yogi

Postby jlklein » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Yogi wrote:Sorry Jeff, my apologies. The jl in both names threw me off.

No worries. I missed that similarity myself :)

Jeff
jlklein

Postby Servant Digital » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I spoke with Bob today he had found the issue causing the delay and corrected it in 3.0, that release will come out when all aspects of it are finished and tested. As I posted before I'm a heavy solo user and didn't hear it but then I don't believe i hit the solo 250 times during a set or show.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby shmick » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Servant Digital wrote:I spoke with Bob today he had found the issue causing the delay and corrected it in 3.0, that release will come out when all aspects of it are finished and tested. As I posted before I'm a heavy solo user and didn't hear it but then I don't believe i hit the solo 250 times during a set or show.

Did you happen to ask him if/when the forum is coming back?
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Servant Digital » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Yes he was working on it and will be back up soon.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby gdougherty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Good, sometime in late 2013 we might have an official SAC forum back online. Maybe right after the network protocol is documented and made available.
http://softwareaudioconsole.wikidot.com The start of a wiki. It's slow going and there's a ton of info that should be in there yet.
Biggest item is the Command Reference on how to do most actions within SAC. It's 90% of what you need for UI proficiency.

g is for George
gdougherty

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs