Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Reports of bugs, possible bugs, and other flaws found in SAC

Re: Possible Work around to the Solo delay bug?

Postby Servant Digital » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Did you hear that 1/4 second BANG (which was really the tail end of what you were soloing in step 2)? You can bet everyone on my stage and the first 15 rows of the audience did.

Never heard it before but I m going down there tonight to try to create it. Did the bang come from the house and monitor or a floor wedge cue mix? I'm going to go by the steps , I would think it also could show up during playback from saw session of all channels.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
http://www.servantdigital.com
Servant Digital

Postby shmick » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:29 pm

The problem is recreatable and apparently Bob already has a fix. Other than waiting for the fix to be released, what else are you going to help or solve by doing your own tests?
Host: ASUS P5Q SE/R, Intel E8400 O/C'd to 3.8ghz, 3 x RME HDSP 9652, XP Pro
Gear: 9 x ADA8K, 4 x Audiorails, 1 x BCF2000
Config: FOH + 12 stereo IEM mixes
Misc: Dual Linkwitz-Riley plugin, Studio Levelizer, Studio Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, SAWStudioLite
shmick

Postby Servant Digital » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I've been at the Church trying to get the same result with no luck wearing out the solo. The 1/4 second bang Joe reports would be clear to me. I have no delay anywhere or in my Personal Rig.

You asked
what else are you going to help or solve by doing your own test?
The process of finding what triggers the bug to occur in some rigs and not in our builds may also resolve future issues. That is why I bring it back to config and setup differences from one rig to the next'

Yes the bug is fixed and will be in the next release or sooner. But that doesn't answer my questions about it, so I keep digging deeper on my side in hardware development.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
Servant Digital

Postby jlepore » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 am

I'm done beating this dead horse.

If you want to see it in action, here is the video I submitted. Hard to hear because of crappy camera and LOUD stage/mains. If you look at the kick on the F mixer, and compare that to the RTA, you can see it's almost a full upbeat off. The snare is harder to see in the RTA since I wasn't sending much to that mix.

You will notice it was upload in March 2011 - 16 MONTHS AGO.
That's how long I've been fighting this damn thing.

http://youtu.be/pdSe29Thcn4
Gigabyte H55-USB3 i5-650/4G/XP/SSD Profire 2626x3/ADAx2/MLA7x1 Motormix x2 AMP/SAC/SAWLite
jlepore

Postby Servant Digital » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:33 am

I see it in the video and there has been times I have seen this on my laptop using a Tascam usb pre while setting up an eq. I wasn't listening to it to know if there was a delay to hear.

Sorry it seams like a dead horse but just doing my part to track it from a different direction.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
Servant Digital

Postby RBIngraham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:36 am

Wow, do we really have to have the pissing contents? I know it can be frustrating waiting for Bob to get past his knee jerk responces everytime a bug is brought up and I'll be the last one to defend the true cool aid drinkers, however I don't really see the point in being nasty to Mr. Servent either.

Yeah it's boring to rehash all the old BS over again. I will admit I have no intention of going into a long description of the issue either.

But that's no reason to jump all over someone just asking for details. At least not in my opinion. If we want this to be full of less cool aid drinking BS and censoring than the old forum (which frankly I don't care if it comes back except for having a mechanism for Bob to tell us when a new release has been uploaded) then it would be great if we don't fill it with equal amounts of BS just from the other angle of everything from Bob must suck.

Anyway, just an idea and an opinion, like an asshole everyone has one right?

For the record: I firmly believe Joe found a legit bug and it's not just his equipment. At the same time, I have never run into the bug myself. I can only guess it's likely because I do not typically have a seperate monitor and FOH mixer (as in the person, not the equipment) all going at their solo busses like a mad man. And once a theatre show is up and running we probably use the solo a hell of a lot less than the concert sound folk.

I have however often noticed the bug Joe mentioned about the small buffer flush that happens when you engage a solo. It happens all the time for me. It's just not a big deal for me because again, doing theatre, we don't have cue wedges and we try to avoid things that "blare" away in general.
Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
SAC details and goodies at: http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html
RBIngraham

Postby Servant Digital » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow, do we really have to have the pissing contents? NO

It just gets in the way of real problem solving, I agree Joe found a real bug and can recreate it, and so can others. I just cant get it to show on my Rig's

That is why I keep beating this Horse Config, Setup, Plug-ins Creating a uniform build template to post for new and upgrading users to start from that works. So if my Rigs don't have delay issues and others do AGAIN I'M ASKING WHY?

Lets have an intelligent dialog on this forum, I am more than ready to take it in a direction that has value to all who read these posts.

I believe all here have something to contribute, and yes there are some with hard or hurt feelings, on this forum. They have years of Professional Experience that can be imparted to those reading our posts. An invaluable wealth of knowledge and technical expertise that needs to be shared with Engineer's who are ready to learn and ask questions. But that knowledge is not easily tapped into if the bashing and pissing continues, or think if they ask a beginner question or something they didn't know was covered in the past, they will be ridiculed or demeaned.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
Servant Digital

Postby Craig » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Ask Bob. You seem to have a good rapport with him and since he's supposedly corrected the bug, he should be able to tell you what caused it.
-Craig
Craig

Postby Servant Digital » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Maybe I'm not being clear the bug is fixed, The bug does not concern me now, but why I don't have it on my rigs does. There is something different in my config that does not trigger this bug.
Alex Stroke
Servant Digital Systems
Servant Digital

Postby Craig » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am

Servant Digital wrote:Maybe I'm not being clear the bug is fixed, The bug does not concern me now, but why I don't have it on my rigs does. There is something different in my config that does not trigger this bug.

No, the bug is not fixed - Joe can replicate it right now still on the current version of SAC. Bob has a unreleased version that supposedly has it fixed, but it hasn't been confirmed by anyone else (including you) besides Bob. And if it doesn't concern you, why are you so flipping concerned that you can't replicate it?
-Craig
Craig

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs